"ᴍᴇᴀꜱʟʏ ᴍᴏʀᴛᴀʟ ʀɪᴛᴜᴀʟꜱ." (𝘟𝘪𝘢𝘰 𝘹 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳)

Xiao was a closed off person. Forming relationships wasn't his thing, establishing a bond and keeping it firm costs too much unneeded effort. It wasn't like he needed anyone; he was prone to loneliness.

Or so he thought.

He met you, a mortal female with a life so very different from his, had waltzed into his. Emotions was something he didn't quite grasp but he slowly became aware that what he felt wasn't something he had felt before. Begrudgingly, he had heard the absurd symptoms of "love." The racing of the heart, the warmth in your chest and the fuzziness of the mind. Not in a millennium did he think that he would be experiencing those "absurd symptoms."

And to think it was because of a mortal? The kind that he looked down upon?

He couldn't help but soften his stony look when his gaze averted to you or the tinge of pink coating his cheeks with warmth whenever you smiled at him.

But now? He started to question his decision.

"I do not partake in such measly mortal rituals."

"Xiao, it's not a 'measly mortal ritual.' It's a hug."

You spread your arms wide open, a mischievous glint in your eyes that matched your grin.

It was currently your break from serving customers at the Inn and you decided to spend it by annoying your beloved adeptus on the balcony of the inn.

He crossed his arms over his chest, huffing out a sigh as he narrowed his eyes. A part of him was amused at your antics and the other was questioning his own judgement.

"I will not give into this bothersome request of yours," Xiao shot you a glare that would've sent chills down your spine if you had not known him for long.

"I won't shut up then," You said, tapping his nose lightly, prompting a confused noise from him as you smiled.

"You infuriating creature."

"I know, love." Narrowing your eyes, you stepped closer to tease him. "Has the answer not changed yet?"

It was too fast, the entire process of how your body got pushed against his. The first contact that came from him was his hand behind your head, then the other on your back, gently yet quickly bringing you close.

You didn't expect such a reaction. Well, you weren't complaining. Just shocked.

"Will you stay quiet now?" His words were harsh, but the tone of his voice differed.

His tone was the same of how tenderly he embraced you.

This time, you didn't utter a word. Only wounding your arms around his body was your response.

He sighed, letting himself feel the warmth of another.

Maybe, it wasn't so bad.