"ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴜɴꜱᴇᴛ ɪꜱ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ."(𝘟𝘪𝘢𝘰 𝘹 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳)

(A/N: Hiii, I'm writing some requests now! (finally) Writer's block got me super baddd but I'm trying guys. Thank you sm for all the votes, comments and views!! I really appreciate it <333)

( @toasttrix_  had requested this! Thank you sm for the request, darling <3 I hope you like it, I tried to keep him in character haha)

The cold breeze was harsh against her skin, the floor was even more freezing and hard. Her skin was littered with goosebumps as she let out a shaky breath.

Crystalline tears slid down her cheeks, her heart clenching as she sobbed. Expectations were far too high; how could she manage to reach every single one of them? She never wanted to disappoint people, but it becomes inevitable, the glances of pity and disappointment. How could she ever compare to the others? She was only human; she couldn't exist to be perfect. Yet everyone expected her to be with her high levels of skills. Every time she accomplished something great, they only desired more. If she wasn't able to give them what they wished for, they would turn their backs on her.

She tried. Again and again, but it was too hard. They were too demanding; she could only do so much with the level of her talents. She was just another talented person that has been drained from the very bottom. Is this what Xiao thought of her? Incompetent? She bit back a sob. Her own lover? The thought itself was wrenching her heart. He was immortal, he's obviously seen better people, no? People that she couldn't compare to even in the slightest. Did her ever think lowly of her? The tears were flowing like a raging waterfall at this very point, and she pulled her knees to her chest, resting her head on her knees.

A gloved hand tilted up her chin, gentle yet steadily. Honeyed eyes looking into her own, concern embedded with anger swirling in them. He was crouched down in front of her, on one knee. His voice was quiet yet fierce, his face stern yet so very worried.

"Who?"

She looked away. "No one."

Her voice was softer than the clouds, more delicate than a newly bloomed Glaze Lily.

"Then why?" He swiped a tear with his thumb as she gulped.

His gaze was intense, like the flames that enveloped buildings whole. He was patient but he obviously wanted a quick answer, even if he didn't show it.

Her heart got caught up in her throat as she sniffled.

"I- just overwhelmed." She decided to say gently. "Things."

He nods, not questioning her further and she was more than glad. She didn't know how to put what she felt into words.

"How can I...assist?" He asks hesitantly, his voice softer.

Her tongue fumbled in her mouth, unsure if she wanted to bother him but she saw his eyes. His eyes that were filled with pure concern for her.

"Stay with me."

He had seemed slightly taken aback; his eyes widened slightly. He looked into her teary eyes with a hint of fondness. He had sat down next to her but she could have sworn she saw a ghost of a small smile on his face.

It was subtle yet it was a lot to (Name). She couldn't help but let the corners of her lips tug into a tiny smile through her tears as they slowed down.

"The sun has begun to set." He announced, his voice quiet as she looked ahead.

The warm colours seeping into the sky, entangling with the stripes of azure as the blazing sun stared at them. It was pretty. But what really took her breath away was the softness in his eyes as he watched the sun sink slowly. His expression so very peaceful. It was a rare sight to witness. His hair swayed gently with the breeze; his lips slightly parted as he sat cross legged beside her. The sweet orange lighting had reflected on his face so bewitchingly, her thoughts of sadness began to disperse by just being within his presence.

It was as if he radiated warmth, she felt herself magnetising towards him. She steadily leaned her head on his shoulder, a small sigh emitting from her lips as she did so.

In any normal circumstances, he would have frozen but somehow her actions brought more tranquillity to his racing mind. He didn't move or say a word, but they both knew her actions were welcomed.

"The sunset is pretty." She said, her voice just over a whisper.

A sense of relief overcame him at the lack of sorrow within her tone although he remained stiller than a rock. He never was the one to feel hesitant but with her, he always remained more careful and a little more considerate. He may be reserved but that never meant he never said what was lingering on his mind. Yet he felt inwardly tentative, unfamiliar with speaking honeyed words. But for her, he wanted to try this once.

He silently took in a short breath before he spoke with his voice gentle. His tone subtly loving towards her.

"Perhaps but you are far more captivating than a mere sunset."