ᴍᴇʟᴛᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜᴇʀ ᴡᴀʀᴍᴛʜ. (𝘈𝘭𝘩𝘢𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘮 𝘹 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳)

(A/N: oops i died mb but uh hey! im now taken by very sweet and precious guy <3 how are you guys? alhaitham is nowhere accurate ok pls dont kill me)

Relationships.

They were simply a distraction, an annoyance and completely unnecessary. A period of time that was simply an encumbrance. That is what he had taught himself, to never be held within the invisible confinements of a loving relationship with anyone.

But why did he wish to be alongside with her? Why did he wish to console her during her unbearable days and see her smile effulgently continuously? To feel her skin against his? To let her past his tall and sturdy walls he had built?

He was a man with a remarkable intellect.

Yet, ever so often in her presence, his mind would go blank, and his usual intelligible responses stuck in his throat. He knew the meaning of the tingly blooming sensation dwelling within his chest.

The aching desire to have her for himself, it was infuriating. She was so close yet so far. Sitting in front of him, oblivious to the contrast of his stoic face and the raging war inside of him.

The frequently had silent sessions of reading together, just basking in each other's presence. She often complained about how her couches weren't as "soft" and "comfy" as his, so they would only occur at his place. So, there she sat comfortably on the light, lime green couch. Disappointedly, in front of him instead of beside him.

"Al-Haitham?" She called gently, looking at him with her novel open in hand. "You have been reading the same two pages for the past 3 minutes. And I know for a fact that you are fast at reading. What's on your mind?"

He hummed. Her voice was euphonious.

"Well?" She looked at him expectantly.

He looked back at her, holding long eye-contact.

"I like you."

She choked on her own saliva.

"Al-Haitham, you don't say that out of nowhere!" She exclaimed before falling into small fits of laughter. "But I suppose you made it quite obvious."

He paused.

"What?"

She smiled, putting down her book before taking a few steps ahead to where he was seated and took the leathered covered book out of his hands, placing it beside him. Then, she leaned in and put both her hands on both sides of the couch's armrest. She was so close. 'Pretty' was the first thing that came to his mind.

"Your cheeks always turn light pink whenever we touch," She chuckled. "You are usually a composed man, so it is a rare yet pleasant sight to see. And luckily it seems it is only for me."

"I never took you to be a bold one." He remarked in response. "A rare yet pleasant sight."

"Thief." She whispered as he gravitated towards her. Or was it her?

"For stealing your line or your heart?"

"That last one's a big assumption, pretty boy. You called me bold?" She laughed but he only smiled. Which made her freeze instantly. A genuine smile.

"Because your cheeks also go pink around me, and you wouldn't just get this close to anyone." He said, leaning in closer to prove his point. "I take it that our feelings our mutual?"

She rolled her eyes. "For such an intelligent person, you are quite dense."

He held her chin, not roughly yet not gently. "Then, may I steal a kiss from you?"

She beat him to it, pressing their lips together as he then pulled her close to his body. Wounding her arms around his neck, she sat on his lap, and he replied by wrapping his arms around her waist. Passion and unlimited love running through their veins like electricity, the feeling was addicting, as if they were intaking a drug. They couldn't stop, it was so sweet.

"Thief," She murmured against his lips, feeling him smile in response.

His heart stuttered and the familiar feeling in his chest plagued his chest yet this time, he welcomed it.

He never thought he'd find himself in love with another. If someone told him that he'd be hopelessly in love with [Name] when he met her, he would have called the thought absurd.

But here he was. Letting her through those walls around his heart to steal his heart as he did the same. He had fallen in love. Though, perhaps, it was not as bad as he thought.