ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴏꜱꜱᴏᴍɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ꜱᴡᴇᴇᴛ. (Cyno x reader)

You panicked as you heard the clock tick, every click it made only reminded you that he could arrive any moment. Cyno. Your crush. Anxiety stirred within you as you smoothed down any creases on your dress and made small adjustment to the bouquet of flowers in your arms. It was a bouquet of Sumeru roses; you could only hope he'd like it.

You had told him to come visit you around 3 in the afternoon. Though, he wasn't aware that you were finally going to ask him out. After many pep talks and encouragement from Kaveh and Nilou, even a little from Alhaitham, you were ready. It was either ride or die.

Your breath got caught in your throat at the three polite knocks at your door. It was him. You squeezed your eyes shut as you took in a deep breath. 'I can do this,' You thought. 'The worst he could say is no.'

With arm loads of confidence, you answered the door and opened to be met with Cyno's face, clutching the bouquet in your hand. You watched as his eyes flickered down to the blossoms then back to your eyes. Oh, how his gaze could render you speechless with its intensity. The way it would soften would make your heart flutter.

"This is...for you." You say softly, holding it out to him.

He seemed clueless as he carefully took the bouquet into his arms and looked at you, perplexed.

Before he could say a word, it felt like the bubble had finally burst and you began to speak.

"I like you." You said, rather calmly even while your hand trembled. "And I want to take you out on a date to a cafe down the street. Only if you'll let me."

His eyes widened, it almost looked like he was going to drop the flowers. Then you watched in awe, how the pink crept onto his cheeks, and he glanced away. He looked shy. And you found it absolutely adorable.

"Of course." He nods as he says quietly. It was unusual for him to look like this.

He looked at you with a small smile and you were mesmerised. "I like you too."

You couldn't help but return his sweet smile giddily as he added. "Thank you...for the flowers. They're quite pretty."

He glanced down at them, fingers brushing against a petal before he gently picked out a rose, sauntering towards you.

"May I?" He asks, so gentle that you wonder if it's really his voice.

You manage a nod, a little overwhelmed with him this close to you. He tucked the rose behind your ear skilfully with one hand. The mere graze of his touch made you feel jitters as you watched his hand grabs yours.

"Lead the way?"

(Kind of a shitty drabble whoops, I'll make a part 2 eventually).