> hogwarts <

Today is the day Adrian and I move to hogwarts. I'm not exactly sure what subjects my annoyingly smart brother Rian will doing but i will be doing the core subjects and antient runes and care of magical creature, i will also be doing art and maybe try out for quidditch. Not 100% sure about quidditch but i'll be doing art for sure.

We got to the train station, our father didn't even bother saying goodbye or seeing us before they left. I looked around and there were so many children and their parents saying goodbye. It really upset me because our dad is nothing like that, he's a cold and a cruel man. But we can have a break from him in hogwarts. My father taught me magic and i was homeschooled my witches and muggles. I was a pretty powerful witch already but i insisted for father to let us go to hogwarts.

We sat in an empty cabin on the train. The door opened and a girl asked if she could sit there, i looked at Rian and he had a cute smile and he just nodded. She introduced herself, her name was Pansy and she was in my year. She said she's doing care for magical creatures and its great so i'm looking forwards to it. The doors open again and 2 boys walked in.

"Who the hell are you" said the blonde one.
"Don't be rude Malfoy" the other boy said
"Shut up Berkshire"

I introduced myself and Pansy told him to sit down already. On the way to school the three of them told us all the gossip and tips of being in hogwarts. I really started to like them, the blonde one is Draco Malfoy and the other is Lorenzo Berkshire. Pansy told me that I could share my room with her as her old room mate requested for a separate room, she sounds like a brat not going to lie. I agreed, Pansy seems like a lovely person. I feel like school might not be that horrible, i have 3 new friends already.

We arrived at hogwarts and everyone went to leave their bags in their rooms and they're going to be in the great hall. Rian and I have to get sorted into houses and then we can get our rooms. We left our bags at entrance and some professors showed us the way to the food hall doors. Professor Dumbledore gathered everyone's attention.
"This Year is already ending but we have 2 new students joining us. Please welcome Adrian and Melanie Dawn."

Adrian and I walked through those doors and all eyes fell on us. I kept my head high, my posture straight but Adrian was a bit nervous. I gave him a little nudge to get his attention. He looked up at me and i gave him a smile and told him everything is okay. We were now standing before professor Dumbledore. I let Adrian to get sorted first. He walked to the chair and Professor McGonagall placed the hat on his head.

"Adventurous, daring , brave and determine, Mr Dawn belongs in Griffindor!"

I'm so proud of him and i know he'll make mother proud. He's a smart kid. Now it's my turn.

"Miss Dawn you are very different from you're brother. You are a true leader, resourceful, ambitious, original and sharp but you are also intelligent,manipulate, smart and have so much pride. You are between Ravenclaw and Slitherin... Slitherin!" People cheered. I look at my brother who seems happy but is a bit upset. I need to talk to him later. I walk to the slitherin table and sit with Pansy and everyone else. I was introduced to Blaise Zabini and Theodore Nott, both were very kind and funny.

After dinner it was decided that i'm going to share a room with Pansy and Adrian is going to share a room with a boy in his year. I left my bags in Pansy's room and went off to find my brother. I knew he would still be at the entrance because i saw him talking to one of the Professors. I look down at my shoes for a second to check if my shoe laces were tied so i didn't fall over and i accidentally walked into someone.

"Apologies"

"What the fuck" the boy shouted

"Calm your tits princess i said i was sorry, now if you excuse me i'm looking for someone" what a weirdo honestly, oh and Rian is next to his bag talking to a ginger boy.

"Hi you must be Mel, im Ron Weasley!" he put his hand out for me to shake.

"Ah a Weasley. Heard yous are quite a handful in a good way" I shook his hand and we laughed.

Rian looked up at me with the same look he had in the hall. Our Father was a slitherin and he's a terrible person and a death eater serving the dark lord.

"Hey Rian, I'm nothing like him and i will never, ever hurt you. I promise darling i will always protect you" Without saying a word he hugged me and burst into tears. That was our greatest fear, turning into our father and hurting innocent people for amusement.

"I love you Mel"

"I love you too shortie, now cmon get up to your room it's late"

Our real life is just about to begin.

—————————————————
930 words

i'll try updating this story as much and as soon as as i can. I have quite a few ideas for this one.