>astronomy tower<

I still couldn't believe Enzo was about to hit me. It's not like him or maybe i've never actually knew him. I'm actually so done with all the men in my life and i really need to focus on my lessons. I've been quiet all day. At lunch Lorenzo tried talking to me but Draco told him to leave. I couldn't even look up at him.

I decided to go up to Adrian's for a bit. He told me all about his classes and his friends. He complained about the people who were annoying and the classes he couldn't quite master. He told me about this girl he had a crush on, she was one of the Weasleys, such a nice family.

I love my brother greatly and i can't stand the thought of us separating, we're nothing without each other. It was getting late and i decided to leave.

It was way past curfew and there were some professors walking in the halls checking if there's any students wandering around. I sneaked up to the astronomy tower and hid there for a while. I spelled for my blanket to appear because it was getting chilly but i just sat there looking at the night sky.

"You at my spot again" Of course he had to ruin this beautiful moment.

"Doesn't have your name on it" i didn't even bother looking at him.

"Yes it does actually" he pointed to a spot on the wall not too far away from my head "But it doesn't have your name" he said with a sigarette in his mouth

I got up and slowly walked towards him. He started backing up, but his back shortly hit the wall. But that didn't stop me, i walked till our faces were inches apart "Are you sure about that darling" i looked at something on the wall next to his shoulder and i had a proud smirk on my face. He wasn't expecting that but he was pleased by my little act. He offered to share his sigarette with me abs i agreed. I needed to take my mind off everything.

"Are we friends?" Riddle asked randomly but he sounded genuine.

"I think so, sort of" i said unsurely

"I need to tell you something but you can't tell anyone" all jokes aside, he's serious about this. I asked him what was it.

"After the meeting my father told me to get closer to you in any way and to convince you to choose our side but Melanie i think you are smart enough to make your own choice. He just wants you for power and if you're not on his side he will see you as a threat and kill you" he looked away from me and into the distance. This didn't surprise me one bit but what surprised me was that he told me this. And something about him saying my name sent shivers down my spine

"Why are you telling me this" i ask

"Just thought you deserved to know" he took a puff of his sigarette.

He's really not what everyone says he is. He is not a cold blooded killer, he wasn't always that. He was raised to be that. Theo is a caring person with a lot of good in his heart.

I carefully stepped closer to him and slowly raised my hand and gently turned his face to make him look at me. He had tears in his eyes that were impossible to hold back for much longer. He explained that's how his mother died, she was a powerful witch but she didn't choose to side with his father so he saw her as a threat and killed her, he didn't want him to do the same to me.

He hugged him tightly and we were standing there a some time in a comforting silence. Theo is finally letting go of everything he has been bottling up. I can imagine it wasn't easy for him. I lift his head to face me one more time, i carefully moved his curls of his face and kissed his forehead. I reassured him everything was going to be fine. I offered him to go down to the kitchen and get hot chocolate but to come back to the astronomy tower after. That was an offer Riddle could not resist. He got his with marshmallows and cinnamon and i got mine with marshmallows and shortbread.

We went back up to the astronomy tower and talked all night. We stayed there to watch the sunrise but poor Riddle fell asleep half an hour before the sunrise. He was laying in on my lap and i just played with his hair. I really felt bad for him, he's had a hard life and he has been bottling up so many thing over so much time.

"Oh for fuck sake did i miss the sunrise?!" Riddle said sleepily

"Good morning sleepy" i chuckled "Morning gorgeous" he smiled looking up at me from my lap. I think this is the first time i've saw him smiling. His features are beautiful. He has brown curly hair, a mullet, it never suits guys but Mattheo suited it for sure, he has honey brown eyes and when smiling his pretty dimples show.

Wait.

Am i falling for him?

No. No i'm not. Don't be ridiculous.

The only reason i stayed the night at the tower with him was because i'm a good friend. Nothing more. And the forehead kiss meant nothing.

Nothing.

—————————————————
930 words

sorry for a late update,
i have exams and work so i didn't have much time to write anything.