> day 1<

It's morning and i actually got a good chance to properly look at Pansy's dorm. Our sides look identical but her side is all decorated with pictures and led lights on the wall. She had posters and her books. Some clothes on the floor.
It's sunday so i'll get a chance to decorate my side today. It's nearly breakfast and i'm still in my pajama, but it's just a crop top and joggers and i'll put a jumper on before we head down. Pansy's alarm is going off but she's still sound asleep. I get up and walk over to her side and pull the covers off her. It's freezing so that will definitely wake her up.

"No! Fuck off, it's freezing! Give me my covers back!" she shouted with her eyes still closed. The alarm was still going off but i just left it and went to brush my teeth. Pansy came to the bathroom, still sleepy, and started brushing her teeth. She thanked me for waking her up and told me that's something i'll have to do often. I told i'd be honored with a big smile and told her to hurry up out we'll be late.
We walked into the hall and sat with the boys. Theodore wasn't there but that was because he hated waking up and usually missed breakfast. There was an empty seat across me and no one dared to sit there.
"Why is no one sitting there" i pointed to the seat in from of me.
"That seat is reserved if you can even call it that, same with the seat next to it" Draco explained with his mouth full.
"Oh okay. Who sits there?" i questioned. What are they, royalty? Probably not.
"You'll see in just a few minutes, they like making an entrance." said Pansy rolling her eyes.
"One is in our year and the other is in the year above. Don't be scared but they're Voldemorts sons but don't worry Mel they won't hurt you" explained Enzo.
My heart dropped. I tried so hard to run away from the dark mark and the dark lord but i go to school with his sons. I will avoid them at all cost because i'm not getting me or Adrian involved with them or the dark lord himself. The doors flung open taking me out of my thoughts. Two boys walk in the hall. One of them is tall, dark brown hair. The other is tall but shorter next to the other. Brown curly hair, a cut on his nose, and dark cold brown eyes.
"Hello darling, im Tom Riddle and this is my little brother Mattheo and you are?" the tall one introduced himself.
"My name is Melanie Dawn, nice to meet you" Tom smirked, wasn't expecting me to talk to him or even look him in the eyes. Most people would be terrified.
"You are the bitch that walked into me yesterday" said Mattheo
"Don't call me a bitch and you weren't looking where you were going either. At least i apologized." i snapped.
The group went quiet. Toms smirk grew into a grin.
"I like you Melanie. You are a fine addition to this friend group" Tom lightly hit his Mattheos arm "isn't that right brother" he added. Mattheos eyes wouldn't leave mine until breakfast was over. I noticed his eyes were full of hate and death. He likes causing people pain and causing trouble. His glaze was cold and dead almost like he wasn't even a person.

Pansy and I headed upstairs, she offered to go out with the boys but i told her i'd stay in and decorate my side of the dorm. She said she'll bring me something back and i just said okay and laughed. An hour or two later I changed my bedsheets, unpacked all my books, there was a lot of book. I unpacked all my clothes but i just dumped them all on the bed and then i heard a knock on the door. I went to open in and i see a familiar boy.
"Hey Draco, Pansy went out with the boys and.." he cut me off "Yeah i know Mel, i couldn't be arsed going but then i got bored in my dorm and she told me you stayed aswell so i came to see you" I was happy to see him, he's really nice and funny, a good companion. I let him in and told him he could sit on Pansy's bed or the floor, there was no space on the bed. We talked for hours, I managed to put all my clothes away and unpack everything else. Draco also helped me to hang my fairy lights. He also complained about how much pillows and blankets i had but it was cold in hogwarts and im always cold so i told him they were really necessary.
Draco is such a good laugh. His parents are loyal death eaters and Draco had no choice but to join them when he's old enough. He will have to get the mark at the end of 5th Year along with everyone else. I really felt bad for him because he didn't deserve any of this. I just gave him a hug and told him i'm not going to leave his side and i'll be with him every step. He hugged me back and told me that means the world to him. Draco offered to show me around the school and i agreed.

There's a huge library in here and i'm definitely going to spend most of my time in there and the common room. After our little tour we finished with the main entrance and the group got back at the same time. Pansy ran up to me and gave me a little box.

"What's this Pansy" i looked at her but she just laughed and told me to open it. It was he most beautiful thing i've ever seen. An emerald necklace with a serpent on it.
"Bloody hell Pansy, this is gorgeous, you really shouldn't have!"
"You're my new best friend and a new member of the gang, of course i had to and i have the same but in red" she winked and showed me hers.

We all walked back to the common room and they were telling us about their trip to hogsmeade and that we will be forced to come along next time.

———————————————
1080 words

btw this is what i imagined the necklace as