HOW TO DEAL WITH SHRI'TRACCAL MEN (1)

For the third time in less than five minutes, Ellen watched the clock, it still wasn't time and released a shakily breath.

Damn... Why was she so nervous? It wasn't like she was going on a date... But why the hell did it just feel exactly like it, then?

Maybe it was just because she was meeting up with a man... Yeah... That was it! Even though the Tároc, no... Vsar was a seven foot walking and talking alligator like alien..., he was still a man.

And the last time she'd really spoken with a man had been, what..., eight to ten years ago.

Wow, it's really been a long time ago... and to be honest, it hadn't been a nice conversation... She'd ordered one of her woman to shoot the man for raping two little girls killing one and leaving the other for dead. Luckily for the girl, Nora found her just in the nick of time.

Vsar was unlike any other man she'd ever known, even before the war, if she were honest. He was incredibly intimidating, his behaviour could easily be seen as violent. But he was courteous and humorous, and frankly, she was curious what kind of man he was, because while his aggressive demeanour and strange appearance should have frightened her or perhaps even found it repulsive, it didn't...

Would the young women also have these, ...these double feeling about the Shri'Traccal men?

Ellen looked at the clock, SHIT! It was ten minutes to nine, she was about to be late because of this stupid daydreaming.

Quickly Ellen gathered her things, luckily she had already put it out and checked many times and went to the agreed place.

She arrived two minutes later than planned, but Vsar was nowhere to be seen and fear gripped her heart. Had he already gone? Already... after two minutes?

Suddenly she heard a soft chuckle behind her and she turned around her axis at lightning speed, nearly falling, were it not for two strong arms grasping her waist.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you... No, that's a lie... I did... it was too tempting." His grin, which consisted of two rows of sharp teeth, should have frightened her, but it didn't, on the contrary, she returned his grin with an equally wide smile.

"Know I'm known for taking revenge... So don't say I didn't warn you!" The wisecracking reaction immediately rolled over her lips and she startled herself. Would he regard this as a sign of aggression?

His thunderous laughter immediately took that fear away, but caught her by surprise as well, it sounded so... human.

Her face twisted slightly from feeling the sharp pointed ends of his prosthesis unintentionally pressing into her skin.

Seeing her facial expression, Vsar immediately let go and misinterpreted her expression.

"I'm sorry, this was very inappropriate of me, I just wanted to catch you, I didn't mean anything by it..."

Ellen looked at him in surprise. What did he mean by this? Suddenly it dawned on Ellen and she placed a hand on his affected arm.

"Ha, no that wasn't the problem. The grip you have with this prosthesis is quite firm and a few of those sharp points that mimic your claws stung my ribs quite... painfully."

She saw a flash of relief cross his face and gave him a crooked grin. If all these men were so decent, the women would have nothing to fear, at least not in terms of unwanted behaviour.

Her words loosened the knot that had formed in his stomach, seeing the grimace on Ellen's face as he grabbed her to save her from the fall.

"Shall we go inside? I'm curious about the reason for this quick decision and... honestly, I'm curious how you want to go about this..."

Ellen rolled her eyes. "Hah, that last one is a good one... I have no clue of how to handle that yet, I'm actually hoping you can come up with some bright ideas..."

But the words got stuck in her throat as she walked through the entrance to their makeshift conference room, totally surprised to find that Vsar had rearranged the place a bit so that they could both sit at the large table. Somehow he managed to stabilize one of the smaller steel tables so that it could serve as a makeshift chair for his massive body.

"I see you've been busy..." She gave him a sideways glance.

He looked around the room with a crooked grin. "I thought it would be useful since we could use this room as a conference room..." He looked at her triumphantly.

Ellen couldn't help but smile and shook her head, crossing her arms over her chest and looked up at him.

"I expected, because of your intimidating appearance, that you would be stiff and stern and humourless, but looking at that smug face of yours, I suspect I was completely wrong."

Though it was actually impossible, his grin seemed to widen even further. "You don't know half of us yet. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with time."

And with a gracious gesture, he escorted her to her seat, only to get serious again when they were seated.

"Now tell me your motivation... you made me curious."

Ellen told him about Sasha's and the other girls' curiosity, but just as she'd promised her granddaughter, she didn't tell him about his own men, she even told him about Dakota.

"So that's all, not very exciting really... You said it yourself when we first met, that we have to think further into the future. And I can't think of a better future than the young women of my clan and your Shri'Traccal males. But to be honest, I'm curious how your men would feel about our collaboration, since we are probably quite different from your women..."

Vsar nodded his head with an apologetic gesture.

"That would be an understatement.., to be honest, you are the complete opposite of our women. But having said that... our women are no more, so there is no point in comparing the two of you and as for my men, well, I don't think they will have any trouble with your women, I'm not blind and I can see some of them eyeing your women... just as I know full well that some of my younger warriors have already had contact with a few of the younger women from your clan..."

Ellen blushed at his sharp remark and cleared her throat.

"I'm sorry I didn't say this to you sooner, but I promised my granddaughter not to talk about it. She was afraid...I won't name you... would be punished for disobeying orders ."

Vsar snorted. "Ri'kil...I presume?" Ellen's eyes widened at his knowledge.

The giant leaned forward and propped his forearms on his thighs, his hands dangling relaxed between his knees.

"There's very little that escapes me when it comes to my men, and if it ever did, I'd still have a pair of extra eyes watching my soldiers for me." And gave her an arrogant smirk.