NORA (Part 1)

The two weeks that followed were both exciting and exhausting. Not primarily because the tension between Ellen and Vsar was becoming more and more palpable, but also because, while most of the women Ellen had informed were open to collaboration, some were strongly opposed to collaboration with the Shri'Traccal.

"Are you okay, girl?" Dakota walked into Ellen's kitchen and saw her stiff-faced, crossed-arms boyfriend staring out.

Ellen turned and gave her friend a small smile.

"No, not really. Tonight it's really going to happen... I still don't know how best to deal with the opponents, because I understand them well... Until recently they were also my enemies..."

"Well, until you met king Crocodile... right?" Dakota wiggled her eyebrows.

Ellen burst out laughing. "Yeah, until I met king Crocodile..."

"Hey, did he say anything about his nickname?" Ellen looked at her friend with an apparently irritated face and shook her head.

"What do you think... Did you really think I was going to say to Vsar, 'Hey man, do you know my best friend calls you king Crocodile?' Of course not! You morron!"

Dakota leaned her hip against the counter and with an arrogant grin on her lips Dakota looked at her friend. "Mission accomplished... Clearing that dark cloud that surrounded you by reminding you of our big friend...  Now come here and give me a hug... You'll be fine... Just speak from your heart. I support you, just like Sasha."

As hoped, the majority of the women were quite positive about the cooperation with the Shri'Traccal men. Some had their reservations but wanted to give the plan a chance, only a very small group was absolutely against the plan, including Nora.

That evening there would be another meeting with the Shri'Traccal, but now it would not be a one-on-one meeting between just the two leaders. Now several would be in attendance, and Ellen hoped Nora would change her mind after the meeting and at least give the plan a chance.

Ellen had decided to take Dakota, Sasha, Nora and four other women, and she wondered who Vsar would bring with him. She already knew that Ri'kil, the young man who had captured her granddaughter's attention, would not be there because of his sentence.

When they arrived at the meeting place, the men were already waiting.

Though he had decided to remain professional and business-like, Vsar couldn't stop the big grin that appeared at the sight of the little female leader approaching and he saw a flush of blush on her cheeks at the sight of his grin.

"Welcome Ellen, ladies. Let's go inside. It's starting to rain. I've ordered my men to arrange the meeting room, so we can all sit around the table. We can do the introductions there as well, instead of here in the rain."

With a graceful wave of the arm, he invited Ellen to lead the way and saw her accepting the invitation with a suppressed smile and a twinkle in her eye.

Vsar had learned to read her facial expression fairly quickly in a short period of time and knew she was having a hard time not bursting out in laughter by his exaggerated gesture.

Neither one of them had noticed something else was going on right behind them.

A wonderful smell had entered Birgg nostrils, and he was trying, as unobtrusively as possible, to discover who was responsible for this intoxicating smell.

He noticed the last woman look at him with fierce defiance, and undisguised anger. With one of his thick, hard eyebrows raised, he looked at her defiantly, fates and destiny, she was beautiful...

Birgg had never been very attracted to the women of his own kind, he found them too... full, too soft, too... feminine. For a long time he had thought he liked men more, but that wasn't the case either. After the Xsiandi attacked and eventually destroyed their world, all sexual feelings had faded into the background, but now, at the sight and intoxication of this small, venomous woman, they came back in full force.

Why did that hideous creature look at her as if she were a nice juicy bun? As she passed the giant, she gave him an icy look, hoping he would avert his gaze. But to her surprise, he raised his eyebrow and looked back at her arrogantly. He was just as ugly as the other giant who was there the first time, Nora thought to herself, only this one didn't have a milky white eye, and though she stood with her back to him, she could almost feel his grey eyes poking her back.

When she'd walked past the men, Nora expected the smell to make her sick, but instead the men had had a fairly pleasant scent, a masculine scent of leather, wood, and something else, thruthfully, the ugly giant smelled really nice .

Nora quickly shook off the discomfort. They were the enemy, the enemy! She could never forget that, whether they suddenly started behaving nice... and smelling nice or not... They were the enemy!

The small delegation that Vsar had brought consisted of Rahn and his brother Birgg, Baska, Chorul's trainee, Chorul himself, and Lh'Kall.

After everyone was introduced, Vsar pulled out a small device and projected the plan for the vacant lot into the sky. This made it clear to everyone what the intention was and what steps the two leaders had devised to ensure a smooth start to cooperation between the two groups.

Seeing the beautiful plan of her mother and the leader of the Shri'Traccal, a big lump formed in Nora's throat and she rose from her chair with a jerk.

"How can you forget what those... those monsters were responsible for!" Nora looked at her mother with undisguised disgust.

"They are the ones who have brought us to the brink of extinction and now we suddenly have to be nice to each other and start working together... Really? And what's next? Getting impregnated by them? Am I the only one in this room that didn't forget what these monsters did?!"

Before Ellen or Vsar had a chance to get up, Birgg already had. With both huge claws resting on the table, he leaned his enormous torso across the table towards the little woman.

"There's not a single person here who has forgotten what happened, we know very well what we've done! But it sounds like you don't know the whole story, lady! But you're the only one here so hateful, yeiha trè thay krytah!" Like his brother, Birgg was not easily angered, but when he was, he was terrifying.

But Nora seemed unimpressed by the giant's outburst, and she leaned her own body over the table and glared at him.

"I have no idea what your words mean and I don't give a damn, but I refuse to work with these monsters!" She tore her eyes from the man's flaming gaze and turned her eyes to her mother.

Although her daughter's words were not entirely unexpected, they caused her immense grief and she looked at Nora with an impassive look, then slowly stood up.

Ellen felt a large hand grab her under arm and gently try to stop her, but she placed her hand on Vsar's large claw and spoke.

"If you refuse to participate in a common future, I respect that with a heavy heart, but I think it would be wiser for you to leave... I don't want anyone to sabotage this fragile partnership. Rita's clan thinks the same as you do, so I think it's wise that you will join them..."

A dead silence fell at Ellen's words. Nora looked at her mother in disbelief, did her mother really mean this? Did she choose those monsters over her own daughter? But the look in Ellen's eyes told her enough. Suddenly Nora turned to her own daughter.

"And what are you going to do? Will you come with me or will you share your grandmother's ridiculous dream and stay here?"

Although she looked straight at her mother, her voice was small. "I will stay here..."

Nora looked at her daughter for a few seconds, then jerked the chair back and strode out of the room.