GOING DEEPER UNDERGROUND

A wide smile appeared on his lips as he took in the vast space. Although it was pitch black in the old underground parkinglot, his night vision allowed him to take in surroundings quite well.

Kayla more than exceeded his expectations with this space.

He'd heard of the underground train and tram stations, but for some reason had never gotten around to entering one. In addition, the bombing had destroyed most of these metro stations all over the world. And even though most of this station was no longer accessible, the large underground car park had remained virtually untouched.

Rhán quickly lifted his gaunlet to message the others, that the hide out was more than sufficiënt.

With the kidnapping of Kayla's daughter, it was clear that Latarji had taken a hold on Gh'ara as well. 'Cause, whether he liked Gh'ara or not, the man would never have allowed his breeders daughter to be abducted, he was certain about that. Even though he wasn't sure if the male would still be alive, Rhán wasn't going to take any risks, they were going have to speed things up.

Together with Varsa, Ri'kil and about twenty of his men, Rhán arranged for lighting to be placed in the parking garage, giving them a better overview of the space, and divided the area into different sections.

Most of the parking garage was seized by the medical staff. Electronic equipment was lugged in and connected to some sort of aggregators, the boxes of medical equipment and supplies were displayed, camp beds were set up and Rhán was relieved to see that Baska had taken four lifepods with him. With those lifepods, a warrior with a fatal injury would have a much higher chance of survival.

As his crew settled in, Rhan looked out for Kayla, he needed to know every detail of her daughter's kidnapping and her relationship with Gh'ara. He already knew she was his breeder, but he had to know if she had agreed or if he forced her.

Yes, he'd heard the girl say her mother was his 'girlfriend', whatever that meant, but that was a child talking, he needed to hear it from her, that it was indeed her choic. Because if it wasn't, well.., then he wasn't going to make 'finding Gh'ara' his priority...

He located her talking to Sasha. The look she initially had on her face, twisted with fear, despair and sadness, had vanished, and relief and determination had taken its place. Rhan smiled, it had indeed been a good idea to take Sasha and a few other women along.

"I'm sorry ladies to disturb you, but I would like to speak to Kayla privately..." Kayla and Sasha nodded almost simultaneously, and before Sasha left she gave Kayla another hug and he heard her whisper softly.

Rhán and Kayla walked to a spot that gave a perfect view over the area, but offered enough privacy for a conversation.

"Are you okay?" Rhán looked at the woman with an inquiring look.

She gave him a genuine smile and nodded. "Yeah. Somehow, meeting the women that came along with you guys, is such an incredible reassurance... I just spoke to Sasha and what she briefly told me about your home situation is nothing more than a miracle... I can only hope that it will work out here as well... It also gives me the reassurance, that you will get Nina and Gh'ara home safely."

Rhán nodded. "Good to hear. But there are two things I want to ask you, Kayla... for me, it's important to know before we continue..." Her smile faded and she nodded at him seriously.

"You told me that Gh'ara is your... partner... I need to know, Kayla... did he force you or not?" His gaze moved to her jaw and he saw Gh'ara's marking.

Rhán noticed that she lowered her eyes and red spots appeared on her neck and cheeks.

"Uhhmm, that's a bit, uhhh, double..." Rhán stiffened at her words. That roh'kadi hadn't...?!