RHAN & ROBIN

Seeing that single tear rolling down her, his stomach churned. There was nothing he would loved to do than just hold her, telling her that he would never allow anyone to hurt her ever again, but he couldn't.

He was to afraid to push her away if he would touch her more than this. Then, to his surprise, she grabbed his wrist and pushed his hand even closer to her cheek closing her eyes as she enjoyed his warmth and his heart swole.

An ear deafeing roar and clatter of equipment starteled everyone close by and Rhán jumped up from his stool instantly scanning his surroundings to see what was going on.

The man who was only a few feet away in the medical pod had apparently woken up and was completely freaked out. Rhán heard Gh'ara roar with rage and fear and quickly turned to Robin, who gave him an encouraging nod. "Go fast!"

Out of the corner of his eye, Rhán saw that one of Gh'ara's men was already running towards his Ikat and followed the man on his heels.

Together with Kalic, he grabbed the man's arms and tried to push him against the bed, but for someone who was badly injured, Gh'ara was incredibly strong and Rhán had to use all his strength to hold the enraged man.

"GH'ARA! CH'ARA! AYECK!!!" Rhán looked into the man's eyes and saw that the Ikat was trapped in a fever dream.

"Don't let go of him, Kalic! He doesn't know what he's doing! ...AYECK PAL! GH'ARA! ALL FATES! WAKE UP MAN!"

"RHAN! What's going on?!" In the meantime Kayla, Gh'ara's lover had arrived an was looking at her mate with large fearfull eyes.

"I don't know, but he pulled out his breathing tube and all the IVs! It's like he's stuck in a dream! OOOFF!!" One of Gh'ara's feet hit him full in the stomach and he almost let go, quickly he forced the man's leg back onto the bed with one knee.

Rhán looked aside to the woman behind him, but to his horror, Kayla darted around them and took Gh'ara's face in both her hands without realizing that her mate could easily use his horns against her as well, as he was in severe delirium.

"KAYLA NOO!!!" But she didn't listen and lowered her face right between his horns.

"GH'ARA! GH'ARA! Wake up! Gh'ara honey wake up!"

Fear arose, and he almost let go of the struggeling male underneath him to pull the female into savety, when it seemed that Gh'ara slowly came to. Rhán released his firm hold on the man for just a few seconds, but that was more than enough for the Ikat to break free and wrap his arms tightly around the little female arnd press her against his battered torso, almost smothering her.

"Gh'ara.." But insteat of listening, the feverish male started to growl and bare his teeth, well the few teeth he still had in his mouth, at them, desperatly fighting to get up.

Rhán realized that if Gh'ara continued his frantic attempt to get away with Kayla, he would accidentally hurt her, perhaps worse.

"GH'ARA! GH'ARA LISTEN TO ME! NOBODY WILL DO ANYTHING TO KAYLA! LET HER GO! YOU'RE HURTING HER!!"

The injured man's breathing was agitated as if he were about to attack someone. Rhán heard Kayla speak softly to her mate, and to his relief, the Ikat's muscles began to relax a little, allowing the little woman to move again.

"Gh'ara.." He placed his hand gently on the man's clammy shoulder.

As if stung by a wasp, the man's head shot his way and one good eye stared at him aggressively. Rhán watched the man's thoughts slowly clear again.

"Rhán?"

Rhán began to grin. "You'd think you'd recognize that 'ugly' face of mine..."

Gh'ara started blinking his eyes fanatically, as if in this way he wanted to get rid of the images that were on his retina.

"What happened?"

"I don't know, you tell me... One minute you were unconscious in med pod, the next you went completely beserk..."

The man lowered his head slightly and looked at the woman's face. "It doesn't matter... Let's just say I'm glad it wasn't real."

Seeing the shiver through the man's body, Rhán didn't even want to know what the man had dreamed, because it had clearly been horrific.

Turning to Kalic, Rhán nodded the warrior's head and turned back toward Gh'ara, who had meanwhile receded, with Kayla on top of him, clutching her tightly in his arms.

"Thank you" Kayla gave him a wordless thank you and he answered with a smile of his own.

Then he turned toward the dark-haired woman on the bed a few yards away. Robin was watching him intently, and a smile crossed her lips as she saw him begin to approach her.

To his irritation, he was stopped by one of his commanders who reminded him of the appointment he had with Vsar.

Sighing, he walked over to Robin, though he didn't feel like leaving her again, he had no choice but to inform his Tároc of all that had happened.

He sat down on the stool next to her bed. "Look Robin, I have to go... I'll be back as soon as possible, but I have to report to my Tároc..." To his surprise, and probably to hers as well, seeing a blush appear on her pale cheeks, she reached out to him and placed a small hand against his cheek, right below his horn.

"You don't owe me an explenation, Rhán. You the one in charge, of course there are more important thing than staying here with me!" The dullness in her eyes was gone, and was replaced with... sparkles...

His heart started to flutter, realizing that he was the reason for it. "It's important, but so are you... I be back as soon as possible... Don't go anywere, okay?"

Robin snickered at his last remark. "Well, I highly doubt, Sasha is going to let me go anywhere soon, so, don't worry, I'm not going nowhere!"