TROUBLE (Part 2)

With an open-mouth, but inwardly roaring with laughter, Vsar looked after his little hothead who strode away, oohhh he had a lot to make up for later. But first he had to find Rhán, his Ikat had to contact Latarji to ask for a visit from his son.

But Rhán was nowhere to be found and he was beginning to worry. The giant had behaved strangely this morning. From his window, he'd seen his friend stride toward the large platform where most of the airgliders were stationed and took off at high speed.

To his relief, he ran into Birgg and Vsar ordered the other giant to his office. Although he actually wanted to wait a little longer with the announcement of his successor, this was the perfect moment to pass it on to Latarji. The man would probably think that Birgg would be far too pre-occupied with the whole take-over, to care about what was happening in Europe. Giving Rhán and some of his men the opportunity to travel to Europe without being noticed.

Most Tároc were expecting Rhán to be his successor, or at least one of the other Ikat. Nobody would expect Birgg to be the chosen one. So if Rhán would leave the compound, they would probably think, that he left because he didn't agree with his brother taking over leadership of the clan...

"What can I do for you, Tároc? " Birgg looked at his clan leader with suspicion, his brother was always the one helping the Tároc, not him.

"I want you to contact Latarji and request that Varsa be brought here under the guise of my deteriorating health. " Completely taken aback, the giant looked at him.

"Did I miss something Tároc? I didn't know you were sick? "

Vsar looked at him with a grin. "Don't worry, I'm not sick, but Varsa will bring us a drug secretly created by Latarji. This drug will ensure the human female bodies to accept our semen, preventing a pregnancy from being terminated. " He saw the surprise growing on the man's face.

"Let me explain briefly what has happened, and what is probably about to happen... I'm sorry, I didn't keep you up to date, but I got most of the info since a few days. Gh'ara suspects Latarji is planning something, he's been ordered to hunt women with his men...

No, not to kill them, but for the clan... I don't have to explain what their purpose will be, do I? But it doesn't make sense to have trained warriors hunt women... According to Gh'ara the women in the area are nothing more than bunnies, who could easily he tracked down by Latarji's own men...

That's why he has wants Varsa to bring the drug over here, under the disguise of my health issues so no suspicions will be raised, this also gives us the opportunity to announce my successor... and that is you... "

Birgg looked at his Tároc, shaking his head. "Why do I feel like this isn't all... "

Vsar's grin disappeared. "You're right, it isn't... I recently found out that there are a few Tároc who think the same about dominating the Earth women as Latarji, and are willing to follow him. If this happens, Birgg, there will be a war, make no mistake about that. The problem is, that I have no idea which of the other Tároc want to join his side.

I just spoke to Gh'ara and we've agreed that Rhán and his men can be in Europe within three days, but it is Gh'ara's call to make, with the agreement he'll be checking in daily around the same time, if for some reason he fails, I will send Rhán anyway.

Rhán has promised me that, if necessary, he will have a select group of his finest warriors will be ready within twenty-four hours. That's why an argument between two brothers, meaning the two of you, about my succession, is the best possible cover we can get...