QUITTING THE JOB

With a grin on his face, Vsar stared at his flower from a distance as she argued with Birgg and his son over the new open kitchen they were building. He let his eyes wander over the communal gathering place and couldn't suppress a sigh of satisfaction at the renewed environment and the activity that prevailed there.

Shri'Traccal men and human women were working together to create a beautiful, cozy place were once was a ruined place next to the water.

All alerted, he looked to his left at the sound of a woman letting out a startled scream, instantly relaxing at the sight of the females smiling face.

One of his men had seemingly unexpectedly lifted the female high into the air to fasten a tent canvas high on a pole, but his action had been so brutal and unexpected that she screamed in terror, but the looks on their faces clearly showed. seeing that, both the woman and Ndahk, one of his elder warriors, were clearly having fun.

Vsar grinned at the open flirtation between the two, then narrowed his eyes to get a good look at the woman. There was something familiar about her...

His eyes widened as he realized to who those long, dark hairs belonged to. Dakota had one of his older warriors wrapped around her little fingers, and Vsar grinned widely. Well, the collaboration started of far better than he had ever dared to dream.

Quickly he looked in the direction of his eyséah, to see if she'd noticed the flirtation between her best friend and the warrior, but she was no longer standing with Birgg and his son, and he raised one of his hard eyebrows in surprise. Where had she dissapeared to so quickly?

The snapping sound of a twig behind him made him turn, in a blur, just in time to see Ellen sneak up on him. With one swift movement, Vsar grabbed her by the waist and pulled her onto his lap.

Ellen screamed in shock and then burst out into a loud laughter as she ended up in an inelegant position on his lap.

"Why were you spying on me, King Crocodile? Don't you trust me anymore?" Ellen pulled herself up on her lover's broad shoulders and squeezed one of her legs between them, straddling his lap.

"I wouldn't dare, my eyséah!" And he threw his hands in the air with an innocent gesture.

"But it's nice to see you work. The way you deal with my men... you're doing a great job."

Ellen blushed at his compliment. "But why don't you just join them? I mean, you've been keeping your distance from everyone for a two days now, is something wrong?" She tilted her head and looked at him concerned.

Vsar smiled at her concerned look. "No, it's all right, but I'm sick, remember? That's why Varsa supposedly had to come over here.

I'd like to trust my men, but I'm not naive though, to think anyone can be trusted, and if we want Latarji to know nothing for as long as possible, Birgg will have to take over my duties as Tároc."

He sighed. "When I gave the news to my men this morning, I knew there would be opposition to his appointment and also from whom... And since I don't feel like being pestered by him for a while, I'm going to keep my distance today..." He gave her an apologetic grin.

With both hands Ellen grabbed his face and pulled his head toward her and kissed him deeply on the mouth. "Thank god! For a moment though, I thought you were avoiding me!"

Vsar wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to his chest and returned her kiss enthusiastically. "Never." He murmered in her mouth.

With her hands on his shoulders, Ellen pushed herself up a little to look at her lover.

"What will your men grimly say when you finally tell them you're still Tároc, and not Birgg? Won't they blame you? I mean, honesty and loyalty are very important to you..."

Vsar smiled at his beautiful lady and grabbed her tight around her waist. What a sweet little lady she was. "Turn around beauty, and come sit with your back against me."

Ellen looked at him in surprise, but she shrugged and did as he asked. and pulled up one of her knees and wriggled it between them. Before she could fit her leg in, Vsar unexpectedly spread his legs, landed between his muscular thighs and let out a scream of terror.

"VSAR!"

He began to chuckle at the sight of her startled face. "Calm down, I'm not planning anything inappropriate...at least not now..."

A grin appeared on her face and she wobbled her body so that she sat with her back against him. "I'll hold you to it..." she said with a grin.

"But you're dodging my question, Vsar. How are your men going to react to this 'sham'?"

Meanwhile, Vsar had wrapped his mighty arms around her and pulled her tightly against him, he rested his chin on top of her head, and sighed with contempt.

"See how everyone works together, my love? When the other Tároc and I decided to get in touch with the human leaders, we were hoping that some of you would be open to a conversation and perhaps, somewhere in the future, a collaboration.

But this... What we've accomplished in the past few weeks is more than I ever thought possible.

And now I'm sitting here, with you in my arms... I found 'Yh'ghul nah seiy', something I never dared dreaming of!" Vsar laughed softly and kissed her crown.

"When I just saw you talking to Birgg and Varsa..." Upon hearing his deep sigh, Ellen sat up, turned her head and looked at him with concern.

He placed his large claw on her cheek and gently stroked her lips with his callused thumb.

"Since the explosion, years ago I live in pain every day, Ellen... I'm tired... As Tároc I couldn't show weakness and I have maintained that for over thirty years. I have fought, literally, hard for my position to be able to be preserved... In my world handicaps are a sign of weakness and weakness means defeat and death and I definately wasn't going to be defeated by some weakling.

But now... Everything has changed.

Rhán will soon, if all goes well, become Tároc in Europe... He needs guidance, being Tároc is something different from being Ikat and he may have Gh'ara by his side as Ikat, provided he survives.. He and Gh'ara aren't the best of friends and I'll bet my other hand that Gh'ara won't make it easy for him...

Then there's the partnership between my men and your females... and while everyone's behaving nicely and courteously right now, that's bound to change soon.

Because, your women have pretty shap tongues and to be honest, me and my men are beasts, plain and simple, and we live and survive, basically on our instincts.

That's why I want Birgg to completely take over my job as Tároc. I will remain the liason between the Shri'Traccal and the women, I know my men as do you know your women... But I can't be Tároc myself, help Rhán fit into the position of Tároc, and building on a new society with together with you at the same time...

This way, I can help both Rhan and Birgg with their position of Taroc and the two of us can continue to built on our new world...

So, what do you say?" He gave Ellen an expectant look.

"You've already thought this whole thing over, haven't you?" Ellen said with a smirk.

"I think it's a great idea! Does Birgg now?"

Vsar shook his head. "No. I will tell him tonight. Now I just want to enjoy the company of my little flower."

Ellen gave him a broad smile. "You realy are charmer, aren't you?" And yelped when he grabbed her neck and pulled her face towards his.

"Not really, my eyseah. I'm an animal remember?" and ducked his head down to plant his mouth firmly on hers.

A chuckle escaped her, and she threw her arms around his neck to return the kiss. "Mmhh, don't ever stop being this savage, my king!"