VARSA

Less than a day after Birgg's request to Latarji to take Varsa to his father's "deathbed," the man arrived at the old Tarocs compound.

The moment Ellen's eyes fell on the young man, she had no doubt that Varsa was his father's son. Both males had the same skin color and markings, but what stood out the most was their beautiful emerald green eye color.

The tall younger version of Vsar gave Ellen a haughty look.

"What is that little human female doing here?" His arrogance was so exaggerated that Ellen involuntarily started to laugh, and before Vsar could react to his son's rude attitude, Ellen stepped forward.

"That little human female you're talking about, you little brat, is a Tároc! And I want you to address me accordingly! If not, I will kick that ass off you so hard that every time you take a dump, you wish you hadn't eaten anything... Am I making myself clear?"

If looks could kill, she'd be in the grave now, Ellen thought to herself, but she kept her eyes locked on the tall Shri'Traccal male.

Behind her came an under-breathed laughter, and the young man's gaze shot over her head to the one standing behind her.

"Welcome to the new world kid!" Vsar's grin widened at the sight of his son's furious look.

"Take it from me that this 'little human female' as you affectionately called her, is indeed perfectly capable of putting you in your place." The smile on his lips disappeared and a harsh expression took its place.

"You are lucky that Tároc Ellen has already put you in your place, if it had been up to me I would have knocked you to the ground for this insolence! Son or not! In my clan the women are treated with respect and as equals, not as servants or cattle! Get that in that thick skull of yours!" Meanwhile, old Taroc had moved in front of Ellen and stretched his head menacingly toward his son.

"As soon as that kanjiité uami is removed from his power, a lot of changes will be made in that clan! You're clan mates are going to show the human women the respect they deserve! If not..." Before Vsar could speak further, Rhán was ahead of him.

"If not, I personally deal with the roh'kadi who thinks he can harrass or molest a woman..."

Much to everyone's surprise, the young man began to grin. "Good! I wanted to make sure you weren't pretending to hand over Gh'ara to Latarji..." He quickly stepped back at his father's infernal look.

"I don't care if you're angry with me, father... but Gh'ara is the one with whom my allegiance lies... And right now he is not sure of his life. Latarji..."

A metallic, clicking sound interrupted him and with surprise written all over his face Varsa grabbed the small device Gh'ara had given him.

Flabbergasted, he looked at the small oval device in his hand, then shrugged and held it out for Rhán to take it.

"This is for you. Gh'ara made me give this to you, don't ask me why..."

With a surprised look on his face Rhán took over the small silver device. Although it appeared to be a reasonable size in Varsa's clutches, it almost disapeared in the giants large clutches.

He looked at Vsar and when his friend gave him an affirmitive nod he pressed the answering button.

"Who's there?"

A few seconds past, and nothing happend, then...

"Nina... Who are you?" The voice of a young girl sounded through the speaker.