Chapter 12

Karmen's expression grew stiff at the mention of 'medicine', however, Sievian thought that he might just be assuming that she would use the wrong medicine.

'You're a good guy, Karmen.'

Siervian understood his concern.

The Cassia flower's true effects would only be revealed a few years from now.

"It's used as a fever reducer, but..."

"Right!"

[ Favorability: +100 ]

Just as he said, the flower was used often as a remedy for fevers, but it wasn't widely used for this reason because its effects were minimal.

There were other herbs that worked better for fevers than the Cassia flower, especially since Cassia needed to be raised with mana.

'That's how it was, at least.'

A few years later, the real effects of the flower would be revealed. It was only a fever reducer for adults, but for children, the effects were more beneficial.

In particular, it was effective for a fever of unknown causes, which was known as 'childhood fever'.

"Well, it's not toxic, I guess. Here you go."

"Thanks!"

[ Favorability: +100 ]

"...It's nothing."

She quickly took the five uprooted Cassia flowers in her arms. Ellie would be disappointed that her clothes got dirty, but Siervian didn't mind that for now.

She just hoped that this would be enough to help her younger sibling.

'...I think Ellie's sibling has that fever.'

Siervian clearly remembered Ellie talking to another maid on the day that the flower's effects were revealed.

It was a fever that would either be just like a cold for children, but it was deadly to others. That's why it took a while for this disease to be recognized.

[ Karmen Kasselov ]
Thoughts: Crap, your clothes got dirty. I should've wrapped the flowers with the robe first.

But the Karmen who was worrying about her clothes was in an even worse state since he was the one who dug out the roots.

Reading his thoughts, Siervian broke out in cold sweat. It would have been worse than sitting on his robe. A mage's robe was really precious.

It crossed her mind that Karmen, during this time in his childhood, must have been a really good-natured kid.

"But why aren't you taking magic lessons? Your mana's fragrance is this strong. It's such a waste."

As Karmen said this, Siervian just stared blankly at him, then asked.

"Huh? Fragwance?"

[ Favorability: +100 ]

"Yeah, the scent's really strong, and it seems like you have a high affinity for it. Didn't you know?"

She had been distracted by Karmen's thick eyelashes at this moment, but she couldn't hide her astonishment when he said this.

Even though she was an Imperial family member, Siervian didn't have any magical abilities. If she didn't have the same eye color as the Emperor, people might have misunderstood her as not being his child.

"But that can't be twue..."

[ Favorability: +100 ]

If she had excellent abilities, she wouldn't have been so neglected. At the very least, she could have been useful and got rid of the snow monsters that kept threatening the Empire's mana circle.