Chapter 45

'I should go say hi.'

Siervian strode towards the place where the status window was.

Surprised, Ellie followed behind the child when she saw her suddenly walking over towards the grass.

"Princess?"

The status window continued to express its owner's predicament.

The one she's been looking at all this time through the grass was Adante's status window. She didn't know that it was him before, however, she was now aware that her escort knight was following her. So, she easily found him.

"Hello!"

"...It is an honor to greet you, Your Highness the Imperial Princess."

He immediately bent on one knee and bowed down to her to show his courtesy.

Siervian saw his status window often, but it was still amazing to see him like this because it's the first time she found him like this.

Maybe she could even notice a potential intruder in advance later on?

[ Adante Roid ]
Thoughts: What great perception the Princess has. Erm, His Majesty will definitely scold me once I report that I've been caught.

Siervian didn't mean to get him in trouble though. This was a big deal.

So, she quickly looked around, then she took out a caramel candy out of her pocket.

As she went out and explored more and more, she fell into the habit of carrying one or two sweet snacks with her.

"Here!"

"...Is Your Highness giving this to me?"

"Yeah!"

What she was doing now was nothing short of pretending to be close to the escort knight who was following her around.

Since her father would be monitoring, she at least wanted this to be recognized.

She knew well enough how difficult it would be to evade her father's eyes anyway.

'Of course, it's not like I mean to do anything bad.'

So it was better to soothe his worries by doing this.

She didn't want to be misunderstood, so she did something more straightforward.

And there was one other thing she had to do.

"Thank you for saving Sebi last time."

"Ah."

Hearing this, Adante reached out carefully and accepted the caramel candy.

When the little princess' small hand hovered over the knight's huge hand which was used to holding a sword, her hand looked even tinier.

'I think you like sweet things.'

That's why she chose to give him a caramel candy as a gift.

After reading his status window a few times, she recalled how he sometimes thought that Siervian's snacks looked divine.

[ Adante Roid ]
Favorability: +50
Thoughts: It's a gift from Her Highness, so I shall eat this to my heart's content. If those other punks try to tease me, this is what I'll firmly say.

After seeing Adante's thoughts, Siervian realized that she was right on the mark.

But also thanks to this, Siervian couldn't help but feel sorry for him.

It seemed like he was being teased a lot about liking sweets.

'You like it, so you can just eat as much as you want...!'