Chapter 25

Her young body, which had been struggling to sit still for a while now, lost its grip on rational judgment the moment she heard her father's words.

She wanted to live a life where she wouldn't be misunderstood, but she was afraid that the Emperor would reprimand her ferociously that she'd be left in tears.

She was scared that she wouldn't be able to hear that awkward nickname anymore.

[ Alderuan Erveldote ]
Thoughts: I didn't know that you were such a smart child that you'd understand.

But before she cried, she managed to read the status window.

Still, her rationality wouldn't return to her body. Even so, after reading this, she had one thought.

That her father's decisions had the people's best interests in mind all this time.

"I d-dun want people to get hurt. You have to p-pwomise."

She wanted him to know that she wasn't blaming him, but asking out of curiosity. Maybe that's why the things she was thinking about in her head went straight out of her lips before she could cover her mouth.

'I can't do this!'

It wasn't something she personally thought. It was proper etiquette. Moreover, it's not like the Emperor needed to promise something like that.

But because of her body's age, she couldn't think of anything to say. Her mind had turned blank and she couldn't come up with the right words.

'What do I do...'

Eventually, her unwanted tears were about to burst the dam.

"Alright."

Her father answered casually, as though it was nothing.

"I made a mwista... Huh?"

She was about to ask for forgiveness reflexively, but she widened her eyes and looked up.

The Emperor who was leaning back on his chair still looked indifferent. As if what his daughter had asked for was to have a different flavored macaron instead of something like that.

"Good faith is more important than anything else. The Princess knows this well."

"......?"

"So go and deliver the order of the Princess immediately."

"Yes, Your Majesty!"

Just now, the order that the Emperor had given under his authority was quickly nullified.

Cowering in this sudden situation, Siervian looked at the chancellor's status window this time. She was sure that he wouldn't like her because he didn't approve of the idea earlier.

Apart from that, she had opposed the Emperor's will and the order had become 'The Princess' order.'

'I didn't want this!'

Her mind was in disarray. She knew that this matter wasn't something that a child should be involved in. That's why she was scared to see his thoughts.

[ Hex ]
Thoughts: I can't believe she's already so virtuous. I wasn't thinking straight earlier.

However, when she looked at his status window, Siervian could only widen her eyes in surprise.

What's going on?

"Your hands got dirty. You can eat a new one here."

A group of faint while lights flocked over to the hands that were holding the crumbled macaron. Just now, she forgot that she was scared, and she looked at her hands, captivated.