Chapter 44

'He's really a strange person.'

Now that she was on her way back to the Princess' Palace with Ellie, Siervian remembered something earlier.

The more she thought about it, the more curious she was about Duke Pacour's status window.

'How is that possible?'

Because she had gone to many various places so far, Siervian had been able to properly gauge the favorability points of many people.

Anyone who was seeing her for the first time had about a thousand points.

It was actually strange for anyone to hate someone they're meeting for the first time if they've never heard about you beforehand.

'Though 50 million is much too high.'

Of course, there were cases like Karmen where his favorability shot up as soon as he saw her.

In some other cases, the favorability would shoot up in sudden bursts, like Marco.

'So the duchy was the empress' household before she got married.'

The surprisingly similar hue of those green eyes showed that the two were related by blood.

Perhaps that was the reason for the duke's strange favorability, since he was someone close to the empress, who hated the princess.

'Maybe he's heard bad things about me before meeting me.'

Nevertheless, strangely enough, she couldn't get rid of this uneasy feeling.

If it was a negative number like with the empress' favorability points, then Siervian might have understood the duke better.

But it was zero—nothing more, nothing less.

'That means he's always ready to hate me, isn't it.'

A peculiar chill went down her spine, making her shudder.

Not noticing the child's plight, Ellie spoke with a clear voice.

"Princess, it's very fortunate that you'll be going on a spring picnic, right?"

"Yeeah."

Hearing Ellie's voice, which was like the spring breeze, Siervian felt warm again, as if she had never felt cold before.

Thanks to this, she was able to set aside the duke from her thoughts.

However, this time, there was another concern dawning upon her.

'The condition that my father asked, what on earth is it going to be?'

Today, Siervian was meeting Marco in the garden near the south gate. With him, Marco brought several materials.

"Now then, here is some cloth that normal people use."

"Oh..."

As though he was a wandering merchant, Marco brought out one thing after another, then held out to her a small folded fabric.

It was very interesting that this fabric, which was at the stage right before it would become clothes, was dried finely.

"It's soft?"

"Yes, because the people who make clothes out of this fabric belong to the wealthier side."

"Okaay, I see."

Naturally, this came to Siervian as a bit of a shock since she thought that everyone got their clothes made from a tailor.

"This is a ready-made dress. The fabric is a little more rough, and the color is not even."