Chapter 52

"Do you mean to say that I should believe that you were summoned by the Empress?"

"While I was waiting for all the time, it was His Highness the Crown Prince who allowed me finally to leave the Empress's Palace."

Having heard the unexpected statement, Alderuan's expression changed dramatically.

"If what you said is a lie, I'll have your throat cut."

"Yes, Your Majesty... It would be better if Your Majesty should hurry."

The knight did not say much, but he just looked at the Emperor with faithful eyes.

Looking at those eyes, which contained a strange feeling, the Emperor suddenly felt a terrible foreboding.

Unconsciously, he looked toward the Princess' Palace where Siervian was.

* * *
The Empress's visit was sudden.

"Princess. Aren't you going to tell me what happened?"

Siervian couldn't get rid of her nervousness as she watched the Empress approach her bedroom.

She just barely escaped the Harmin garden, now she had to deal with the sudden visit of the Empress.

[ Cybelle Erveldote ]
Favorability: -100
Mood: Enraged
Thoughts: Why on earth was Annabelle dragged away? His Majesty has no answer, but he's not the kind of person who would interfere in others' businesses. I'm sure this wench got another...!

As if Annabelle's persecution was nothing, the image of the Empress seemed to be stuck.

In her previous life, the Empress had never visited the Princess's Palace.

'Come to think of it, She's never been here to see how I'm living. How come I didn't notice this earlier?'

She realized it too late after such a rush.

"Princess."

The Empress had been acting as if persuading Siervian for a reasonable amount of time and soon hardened her face.

Even though the Empress always acted as though she was kind, Siervian's young body readily flinched.

As the voice lowered, Siervian's sadness and desperation from her past flowed out without realizing it.

"A-Annabelle forced me to drink."

As soon as this answer came out, the Empress raised her eyes fiercely for a moment, but quickly corrected her expression.

"...So, you couldn't drink Harmin tea today?"

"......"

[Cybelle Erveldote ]
Thoughts: How, how come you didn't drink it?!

Her words were soft, but her innermost thoughts were the opposite.

Was it because the specialist was someone from the duchy and he did it for their sake?

"Princess, it's because I'm worried. Come on, answer me."

"Yees."

For some time, the maids of the Princess's Palace stomped their feet in regret.

They could've rebelled against the chief lady-in-waiting, but that was impossible to do in front of the Empress.

Ellie managed to pluck up some courage and took a step forward.

"Your Majesty, a while ago, the Chief lady-in-waiting Annabelle was about to..."

But just before the end of the sentence, the Empress's cold voice cut through.