Chapter 29

Of course, she mustered up the courage to the Empress and said she didn't want this engagement. It was an act of rebellion that she had never done before.

However, the Empress showed her a cold reaction. It was the first time she had done so towards Siervian.

All of a sudden, she was going to be sent to a faraway, unfamiliar land. It was enough to make her visit her father first.

'What is the reason?'

When she said that she didn't want this political marriage, the Emperor asked back sternly.

At that time, her relationship with her father was at its worst. Because she was the black sheep of the family, and everyone was pointing their fingers at her.

As soon as she heard this question, Siervian couldn't say any excuses.

She realized that no matter what she said, she would only appear to be a spoiled, immature, incompetent princess.

'I apologize.'

She bowed deeply in front of her father.

After that, she was caught up in the conspiracy of treason and suffered for a long time. However, as she looked back, it seemed that talks of her political marriage had also died down at that time.

There was no way for her to know now, but what choice did her father make then?

"Hm, hm, hmm..."

[ Jane Millas ]
Thoughts: This color will suit our Princess, right?

Ellie, the chief lady-in-waiting, was often away to oversee the Princess' Palace.

In those times, Jane filled the vacant spot.

She was as caring to the princess as Ellie, and these days, she's been sewing more.

It's a present for the princess on her birthday.

"Princess? Should I open the window if you're feeling stuffy?"

"Noo. I'm fwine."

"Alright. If Your Highness needs anything, please let me know."

"Okayy."

When she looked over at Jane for a second, she realized that she reacted too quickly.

Jane was always paying close attention to Siervian, who couldn't speak well when there was something she did need.

Siervian loved the unconscious humming that Jane sang whenever she was concentrating.

'I have to pretend that I don't know.'

She tried very hard to pretend that Jane's hand didn't measure her doll just then.

Knowing about a surprise gift in advance had both its advantages and disadvantages.

She couldn't be shocked by it anymore, but she could happily anticipate it and wait for it.

'Right. Everything's just perfect now.'

Reflecting on her wish for everything to stay the same, she was lost in thought as she watched Jane prepare a ribbon for her favorite doll.

'Will the future flow in the same direction as it is?'

She didn't know if there would still be marriage talks with her and the kingdom in the southern region.

However, it was true that there weren't many places to choose who she could be politically engaged to since she was an Imperial Princess. The one who was of a similar age to Siervian was a prince in the south.