Chapter 49

His response seemed effortless, but Siervian wondered why the thoughts she could clearly see were different from what he said.

"What's wrong?"

Her brother was glaring at Garambell's Prince, but quickly smiled gently at Siervian when she looked at him.

"I will make sure to visit Garambell together."

"Wahh, yes, yaay! Your Hwighness the Crown Pwince!"

After celebrating, she focused and shook her head again.

It was clear that her brother also wanted to see the sea.

"Princess! It's a great success, a great success!"

A few days after Prince Abrel came to the palace— at this time, Marco came to visit Siervian and was celebrating loudly.

"Huh? Great success?"

Marco just went to the Princess's Palace and made a fuss.

While bowing his head, Marco held out a book to Siervian, who was eating cookies.

'Wha—!'

"Look at this, Princess, I invested in the feather decorations as you said, and orders have exploded this month."

"Mmh, Sebi can't read yet..."

"Oh, is that so Your Highness? Then I'll leave it to the head maid."

She nodded shyly, but Siervian had already roughly looked at the numbers.

She had a hard time suppressing the beating of her heart.

'The timing of the investment seems to be just right.'

Even considering that, it was a huge amount of money.

Thanks to Marco teaching her about the market price of commoners in detail, she finally acquired a sense of the value of money.

"Princess, how did you know that the feather decorations would be popular?"

This was the investment stock Siervian had secretly informed Marco of not too long ago.

Recalling the reason why it was a trend in her past life, Siervian struggled to hide her adult-like bitter smile.

'...I had a hard time because of that.'

The Vuingpi was a colorful feathered bird that only inhabited the Northern Empire. The bird was characterized by unusually abundant feathers that could adapt to cold weather.

In her previous life, the feathers of the bird were a decorative material that made a trend into the continents.

This was because the other Kingdoms had always envied the culture of the Empire.

'It was back then before I made my debut, when I was only 14-years old.'

In the Imperial Society, what nobles used as a headdress quickly spread to various decorations such as fans and corsages.

On her first social appearance, Siervian went out with that headdress.

'Oh my, when is that a trend again?'

'Right, yes. Goodness, Her Highness the Princess was quite the sight, ahem, ahem.'

The problem was that the trend in the continent was not popular anymore.

She ate the food and wore every dress the Empress ordered because Siervian was under her care at the time.

Back then, Siervian only hated the people who swore at her, but now she could clearly see that it was the work of the Empress.