Chapter 13

[ Ellie ]
Thoughts: It's my fault. I shouldn't have left the Princess alone, but this is a matter of safety. I have to scold her strictly even if she starts to hate me.

"It's fine for Your Highness to go out anytime you would like, but please promise to tell me first in the future. It's dangerous."

Ellie didn't hate Siervian. Rather, she was very worried.

In an instant, Siervian calmed down a little. It was becoming a habit of hers to relax after reading the words on the status window.

"Okay, hicc, I pwomise, hiiicc."

She made two promises today. She'd never been close enough to anyone else before to make such promises with them.

Siervian gradually calmed down and wasn't sobbing as hard anymore.

"These flowers... Did Your Highness go out because you wanted to see some flowers?"

It wasn't until Siervian made a promise with Ellie that the maid turned to what Siervian had offered earlier.

[ Ellie ]
Thoughts: If the palace was staffed properly, the Princess wouldn't have been left alone. What should I do from now on?

Plucking her courage, Siervian reached up to offer the Cassia flowers again. The status window caught her eye, but Siervian was in a hurry. She couldn't wait to give this medicine.

Because even the roots were pulled, the remaining soil fell from her arms and to the floor.

"Eri, hiic, this, this!"

"Did Your Highness rush here just to give this to me?"

Ellie's worries abated the moment she saw that the Princess was safe. Now relaxed, Ellie carefully accepted the flower from Siervian's small hands.

"This is medicine!"

But Ellie soon grew curious because of what the princess said.

"It's... medicine?"

"Eri said your sibwing is swick!"

"Ah...!"

Only then did Ellie remember that she mentioned her younger sibling in passing... Was that why the princess rushed outside in the middle of the night?

"Princess..."

Suddenly, Ellie burst into tears. She felt so sorry that a good child like Siervian suffered for such a long time.

Unknowingly, Ellie embraced Siervian dearly, in the same way that Siervian hugged the flowers that she gave.

[ Ellie ]
Thoughts: A flower as pretty as the Princess... I'll put these in a vase.

But as Siervian saw these thoughts, she was frantic again.

Of course, there's no way anyone would believe a child who brought flowers and called them medicine for their younger sibling. It was too unbelievable from the start.

Perhaps it's because of her lopsided body and mind synchronization, but it seemed like Siervian was making so many mistakes like this frequently.

"I heard it when I visited His Majwesty."

So she decided to tell a white lie.

She was afraid that she'd get in trouble again if Ellie heard that she met Karmen, so she used her father as a crutch instead.

"It's a weally good medicine for fever. You have to use it, okay?"

"His Majesty said so?"

Cassia was known as a fever reducer anyway. Even if Ellie showed it to a doctor, she'd still be able to feed it to her sibling without any problems.