Chapter 48

As the Emperor's words fell, the delegation gasped as one.

Although the Empire's dominance had often been forgotten, the Emperor before them was a war hero who stained the continent with blood.

"I don't dare to undermine the great Emperor who saved Garambell."

It lingered in the delegate's head again when the Emperor's aura of mana pressured him.

"What then?"

The delegate risked his life to say those words, so they must have come with some evidence.

"We understand that Farim's medicine, which was originally intended to trade, was lost on the way."

"That's right."

Originally, after deciding to take the lead in providing Farim's medicinal herbs, the Marquis' carriage had been burned.

It was the work of a swarm of bandits who showed up as soon as they left the Empire.

"Those who burned the medicine and those who got caught inside Garambell appeared to belong to the same group."

In the meantime, the delegation presented mercenary bands that were on those bandits' arms.

Hex approached and quickly checked it then wrinkled his face in confusion.

"It's from the Oak Mercenary Corps."

The Oak Mercenary Corps was a notorious group that traveled around the continent and took on all kinds of dirty work for money.

This was something the Emperor was familiar with, because during the Continental War, this huge mercenary army had been crushed many times by his hands.

"Why do you think they're from just one mercenary corps?"

Most of the bandits who burned the Marquis' carriage had been captured except for a few of the high-ranking ones.

No one had a mercenary band, and it was a difficult to get anything out of them as they did not open their mouths even after a long interrogation

"First of all, they were discovered disguised throughout our kingdom's villages distributing endemic crops."

"Hmm."

"Thanks to Your Majesty's help, we got a clue from the Captain of the Imperial Guard to trace their path."

"You mean the map."

The delegate continued to speak in a dignified manner now.

"We didn't chase them, but we went ahead and ambushed them. So we managed to capture a few people who couldn't hide their mercenary bands."

"They wouldn't be the ones who would open their mouths easily."

The Emperor expressed his wonder at the hellish moments during which he dealt with this group.

The delegate nodded firmly as if to say yes and continued.

"Fortunately, the interrogation went smoothly, because their losses were high near the Empire."

They had to urgently immobilize the new mercenaries in a hurry to maneuver in Garambell.

Many of the newly captured entrants had already confessed their plans because they did not know it was such a huge matter.

"They said they came to Garambell right after burning Farim's medicinal herbs in the north."

"And?"

"They also confessed that the client was a Northern aristocrat."