Chapter 53

Despite all expectations, the Empress was showing a very strange reaction.

'What is with her reaction?'

But the thought did not last long.

Siervian unconsciously held her neck in her hands, as if she was running out of breath.

But soon, her hands dropped loosely, and she collapsed into her father's arms.

"Siervy! Contact the court doctor right now! Now!"

She then lost consciousness while the Emperor embraced her.

* * *
"Allergies?"

The Emperor asked in a deep, subdued voice.

The court doctor, who was in front of him, was flustered.

"Yes, Your Majesty. Although there are some people who have allergic reactions to Harmin. It's very rare, but of all people...the Princess has it."

The Emperor was very restless in the Imperial Palace and sank into his chair in despair.

He thought for a moment that the Empress had poisoned the Princess.

"Why on earth the duchy didn't do such a fundamental task before drinking the tea!"

It was an important ceremony of a lifetime. If there is such a life threatening event, shouldn't they look into it?

When his daughter suddenly collapsed, Alderuan had felt his heart drop as well.

"Although the task was meaningless at the time, it was a very rare case of an allergy."

"...Is it that rare?"

"Yes. Regarding the Harmin tea, it's probably not enough to make an accurate diagnosis, but it's true that it was an allergic reaction."

It was so rare that even the Emperor himself was unaware of the allergy, or that Siervian was born with it.

The Emperor then touched his face in stress and nervousness.

"...No wonder, that's why she didn't like tea, Sire."

"From Siervian's allergic reaction, perhaps she also might have been repulsed by the scent, and, too, must have felt itchy due to the allergies."

"Ah..."

Everyone thought it was just a child's whining.

He thought he was once a healthy kid, but to make such a mistake.

But there was also the Empress' unusual behavior.

"Court doctor, did you analyze what was entrusted to you earlier?"

The Empress was now confined at the Empress' Palace due to her actions toward Siervian.

It was true that they cried out to the end that it was a misunderstanding. It wasn't an attempt to poison, it was just an allergy.

In particular, when Siervian collapsed, the Empress seemed to be genuinely surprised.

"...I have something to report about that."

Seeing the stiff expression of the court doctor, Alderuan shook his hands as it was.

Then the maids and servants in the Imperial Palace who were working together left the room in haste.

"You must have found something."

The actions of the duchy's Harmin specialist and the chief lady-in-waiting of the Empress were suspicious, and it was the same with the Empress.