Chapter 30

And that someone was none other than the Emperor.

Only then did Siervian realize who it was that was sitting by her bed.

"Siervy?"

As soon as she heard her father's voice, she cowered. Fear rose up because the dream still lingered in her mind.

When she tried to sit up reflexively, there was a gentle touch on her shoulder.

"Lay down."

In a situation that was hard to believe, she lost strength in her body.

Ah, she came back to the past.

Then, it was something that hadn't happened yet.

'It's cold.'

Even though she had realized where she was now, the coldness of the dungeon still made her tremble.

She tightly clenched the blanket tucked around her. As she curled into herself, this was the best position so that she could warm herself up.

But suddenly, there were wisps of light coming from the side.

[ Alderuan Erveldote ]
Thoughts: It must be cold.

The air suddenly became warm, as if it was never cold. Her father was using magic.

Surprised, she straightened up and lay down on her back. Then, the Emperor arranged her blanket.

A warm touch briefly hovered over her forehead, then it disappeared.

'Why is Father here?'

It was a belated question.

Siervian felt uncomfortable that she was just lying down without greeting the Emperor first, so she looked around.

"Siervy. What happened?"

After hearing this question, she remembered that she had met the mage Antonio and fainted.

Did he come here after hearing the news that she had collapsed?

[ Alderuan Erveldote ]
Thoughts: No matter how much the palace doctor examined, he said there was no abnormality in your body.

While she was unconscious, the palace doctor seemed to have dropped by for a visit.

She recalled how, in her previous life, she would always wake up alone even when she was sick. That time was still so vivid to her.

Perhaps it was because she saw a familiar face while she was off guard.

"Are you sick? Tell me, Siervy."

Maybe that's the reason, but the moment she heard her father say that nickname, tears formed in her eyes.

However, her rational mind desperately tried to control her body.

Don't be a bothersome child. You might lose this warmth.

"Sebi is fwine."

"...Please just tell me. What happened?"

Antonio's face came to mind again.

He was a shameless stranger who visited the dungeon where she was detained. Several times.

'Hmm. You poor thing, Princess. No, you're not even a princess anymore. Why did you do such a terrible thing, huh?'

He knew it best in the world that she did no such thing.

She still couldn't understand why he did that, why Antonio had to come by several times just to mock her.