Chapter 20

The Crown Prince resembled the Emperor very much. When she faced that gaze, Siervian regretted it without realizing it.

He was on his way back from swordsmanship training, and sweat had formed on his forehead.

She remembered his cold treatment when they were in front of the Empress last time. If she had seen him first, then she would have avoided him at once.

"Hello..."

But there was no choice but to greet him because their eyes met. She intended to excuse herself right away if her greeting wasn't returned.

But an answer suddenly came back.

"Thanks."

The Crown Prince's reply was so out of place.

[ Damian Erveldote ]
Favorability: +100
Mood: Very excited

The only thing she mentioned was a greeting, but his answer was strange. Flustered, she forgot how discouraged she was just now and asked him.

"Huh?"

"...I was mean to you back then, so I thought you won't say hello."

"......"

As expected, what she thought at first was right. He knew that he was mean to her...!

"I'm sorry."

"It's fwine..."

Did something bad happen to him that day?

In fact, she wasn't fine with it, but she answered politely. She could just avoid him in the future. They didn't have to meet each other anyway.

"Can I meet you later?"

As Siervian was about to leave, the Crown Prince urgently asked.

Come to think of it, on the day they ran into each other at the Empress' Palace, there was something strange about his status window. It was almost like he came to the Empress' Palace in a hurry just to find her on purpose.

'What does that mean?'

She felt uncomfortable. Siervian nodded as a way to avoid him for now.

In her previous life, the Crown Prince never visited her for any personal business.

"Thank you, Siervian."

However, as she nodded appropriately, he smiled brightly at her.

[ Damian Erveldote ]
Favorability: +100
Thoughts: My kind younger sister.

She couldn't take her eyes off the status window.

He thought of her as a younger sister.

"Oh, you're about to go this way, right?"

"Yees."

[ Damian Erveldote ]
Favorability: +100

When she replied politely, the Crown Prince smiled again. It shocked her because he could only imagine him having the same stoic expression as their father.

"See you later."

Her older brother, who was suddenly acting strangely, was so unrecognizable. So Siervian nodded quickly and hurried away.

However, she overlooked the fact that it would take a while for her to pass by her brother because her legs were so short.

[ Damian Erveldote ]
Thoughts: Now that authority over the budget has been shifted, everything should be fine.

Thanks to that, she was able to see another strange status window.

Did something happen between her brother and the Empress?