Chapter 10

Hello loves!! I am so, so excited to be publishing this chapter!! These last few months have been a huge adjustment, and it's been hard for me to find the time, energy, and motivation to write something worth publishing

Hello loves!! I am so, so excited to be publishing this chapter!! These last few months have been a huge adjustment, and it's been hard for me to find the time, energy, and motivation to write something worth publishing. I would love to know what you guys think of this chapter, and don't forget to vote if you enjoyed it! I look forward to giving ya'll more updates very soon! <3

"Could I lend this to someone?" Reyna asked, holding up her beaten up copy of 'A Farewell to Arms' she'd pulled from the bookshelf in Phillip's study. She'd finished 'Sense and Sensibility,' the latest Jane Austen recommendation Phillip had given her, and had been browsing the floor to ceiling shelves, looking for her next read when the tattered cover had caught her eye.

She'd been thinking about her and Luca's conversation since she'd sat down in the plush armchair across from Phillip. The whole thing had admittedly made her unable to focus on the last four chapters of the book she'd been trying to finish, re-reading paragraph after paragraph when her mind began to wander.

"It depends," Phillip began, glancing up from, 'To Have and Have Not,' a book she'd been adamant he read. "Who's the someone?"

"Luca."

"Luca?" He cocked an eyebrow.

"We got to talking and he told me his father was a literature professor."

"He never told me that," Phillip commented, his eyebrows rising in intrigue.

"He mentioned it off hand," She shrugged; a little embarrassed she'd brought it up. "I just thought maybe he'd like to give it a read now that I've finished it."

"Well I suppose I've given you a long enough reading list that you won't be rereading it for the fiftieth time anytime soon," He smirked. "Just make sure he leaves it here when he escorts you back. I wouldn't want either of you being caught with it if you're stopped by a guard on your way."

"Of course," She nodded. Turning back towards the shelf, she slipped the book into the pocket of her dress, smiling softly to herself. After a quick glance at the clock, she made her way back to her seat, deciding twenty till ten wouldn't give her sufficient time to start a new book.

"So," Phillip began, dog-earing the page he'd been on before closing his book. "What did you think?"

"I liked it," She nodded, knowing his question had been in reference to 'Sense and Sensibility'.

"And what were your thoughts on our two heroines?" He asked, his lips turning up into the subtlest of smirks as if he knew what she would say next.

"They're certainly..." She paused, trying to think of the right word. "Different."

"That's one way to put it," He chuckled. "What did you think of Marianne?"

"You already know what I thought of Marianne," She gave him a knowing look.