Chapter 27

Happy Thursday gang!! I wanted to drop into your feed with a little update since I've got a few days off work! It's short, but I hope y'all enjoy! <3

"The Stubaf kissed you?!"

"Shhh!" Reyna shushed Liza, glancing around the grounds to make sure no one had heard. They had been on their way to the main kitchens, Liza saying something about needing a 'chocolate fix,' when she'd decided to tell her what had happened with Phillip.

"Honestly it's about time," She said stifling her surprise with a smirk.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Reyna arched a brow.

"I mean it's been obvious for weeks that he likes you," Liza said, her smirk widening.

"It hasn't been that obvious," She rolled her eyes. "It hasn't," She added when Liza gave her a skeptical look.

Ignoring her objections, Liza looped an arm through Reyna's and grinned. "Tell me everything."

So she did.

She told her about their trip to Munich, and the kiss they'd shared in the early hours of the morning. She told her about the kiss in the study, and the three times they'd kissed since. By the time they'd reached the kitchens Liza was grinning ear to ear.

"I'm going to need more details," She whispered to her as they walked through the front door. Unlooping her arm from Reyna's, she approached a woman behind a nearby work table.

"Good morning Mrs. Adler," She spoke casually. The woman looked up from the dough she'd been kneading out and scowled. She stood only an inch or two taller than Reyna, her hair the same dark shade, and her scowl did nothing to soften the sharp, angular features of her face.

"Ms. Dupont," She replied flatly.

"I heard there was a fresh shipment of chocolate this morning," Liza pressed on in the same airy tone, utterly ignoring the cold glare of the woman's eyes.

"For officers, yes," She said, wiping her hands on the front of her apron before crossing her arms. "For you, no."

"And why exactly do you think I'd be here if not sent by an officer?" Liza asked, the picture of utter boredom. "Lieutenant Becker wants something sweet after his patrol."

"Not his choice of dessert anymore?" Mrs. Adler raised a brow, a satisfied smirk turning up the corners of her mouth at the insult.

"I never said what he intended to do with the chocolate," Liza quipped back, a sickeningly sweet smile plastered across her face. Reyna looked down, her cheeks heating at the innuendo.

Glowering, Mrs. Adler's icy glare swept from Liza to Reyna. Her dark eyes looked her up and down and she wrinkled her nose in disgust as she spoke, practically spitting the words at her. "I see you brought along your little Kapo friend."