Chapter 15

Hey guys! Last chapter turned out pretty long, so this is a continuation of the previous scene you just read! Let me know what you guys think! *TRIGGER WARNING:* This chapter has depictions of the repercussions of SA. Please read with caution!

"Come on," Phillip spoke against the top of her head. Slipping a hand underneath her arm, he helped her stand, steadying her when she lost her balance and stumbled forward. She drew in a shaky breath, leaning against Phillip as they walked out of the study, wrapping the coat that still hung over her shoulders tighter around her frame. Her whole body ached, her mind encompassed by a blinding fog as she tried to reconcile all that had happened.

She allowed Phillip to lead her down the hallway to one of the vacant bedrooms on the second floor. Turning the knob, he opened the door, helping her sit down on the bed. He crouched down beside her, his eyes studying her intently. She stared down at the floorboards, her eyes tracing the grooves in the woodgrain, unable to meet his gaze.

"What's going o-," Mrs. Aberman's voice called from the doorway, trailing off when she saw Reyna. "Oh dear ... What happened?" She asked, exchanging a look with the Stubaf.

"Were you able to find a dress?" Phillip asked, ignoring the questioning looks of Luca and Mrs. Aberman.

"I-I have this one, it'll be a bit big on her," Mrs. Aberman replied, holding up the pale gray fabric clutched in her hand.

"Help her clean up and get changed," Phillip said, standing to his feet.

"Don't go," She choked out, grabbing hold of his hand as he turned for the door. She took a deep breath, trying to supress the panic rising within her at the thought of him leaving her side. He looked back at her, his gaze shifting from her to the hand still tightly holding his. "I'm sorry," She muttered, releasing his hand, her eyes dropping back down to the floor.

"You have nothing to apologize for," He replied, crouching down again to look at her properly. "Mrs. Aberman, leave the change of clothes on the dresser," He said, glancing behind him to look at Luca and Mrs. Aberman, who were both still standing in the doorway.

"Of course sir," She replied, lying the dress down before leaving the room.

"Sir," Luca began awkwardly, glancing between Phillip and Reyna.

"You may go Luca," Phillip said, giving him a reassuring nod. Luca nodded back, his eyes lingering on Reyna for a few seconds longer before shuffling down the hallway after Mrs. Aberman.

"Reyna," Phillip's voice sounded after everyone had left and they'd sat in silence for a long moment. She blinked but didn't look at him, her gaze remaining on the hardwood floor. Was this what going into shock felt like? She left paralyzed. Unable to move. Unable to breathe. What had just happened to her - Lieutenant Muller's hand around her neck - the sound of the zipper on his trousers - His knee between her legs, wrenching them apart. She squeezing her eyes shut, her chest heaving, tightening. God she couldn't breathe ... She couldn't breathe. She braced a hand against her knee shrugging off Phillip's coat. She needed air. She leaned forward, both hands gripping her knees now as she sucked in as deep of a breath as she could. Her lips tingled, as did her fingertips. Her lungs burned, screaming for the oxygen she couldn't seem to give them.

"Hey," She heard Phillip's voice, but it sounded far away, as though it was coming from down the hallway. "Hey," His voice repeated, closer this time. "Look at me."

She opened her eyes, immediately aware that her vision had become tunneled. She felt hands grasp her's.

"Look at me," Phillip repeated. She brought her eyes up to his. "Breathe with me," He said. She watched as he drew in a deep breath through his nose, holding it for a few seconds before releasing it out his mouth. She did her best to match each inhale and exhale he took, the blackness in the corners of her vision slowly lifting after she'd taken a few deep breaths. They continued, Phillip's eyes never leaving her's until the tingling in her lips and fingers were gone as well.

"Better?" He asked after she seemed to've gained back control over her faculties. She nodded. "Do you want to change?" He asked, gesturing to the dress Mrs. Aberman had left folded up on the dresser. She nodded again. "I'll be right outside the door, okay?" He said, giving her a reassuring nod.

"Okay," She said in a cracked voice. He nodded again and stepped outside, leaving the door cracked. She stood to her feet, bracing herself against the mattress when her knees buckled underneath her. Drawing in a shaky breath, she slipped her arms out of her dress, letting the tattered fabric fall to the floor. Stepping out of it, she moved to adjust her panties, which hadn't fully made it back up over her hips when she'd pulled them up in the study. Feeling something wet on the crotch of her underwear, she reached down, her entire body tensing when she raised her hand, bright red blood staining her finger tips. She bit back her tears, and wrenched her panties down her legs. Kicking them onto the dress she'd already taken off, she grabbed Mrs. Aberman's from the dresser and slipped it on over her head. The fabric swallowed her whole, but she didn't care.. anything to be rid of the clothing she'd had on. Wrapping up her blood stained underwear in the dress, she pushed the wad of clothing under the bed and called for Phillip.

The door creaked open, Phillip reappearing from the hallway. She hugged her arms over her chest, suddenly hyperaware of the fact that Phillip knew exactly what had happened to her - had seen it happening. She swallowed as he cleared his throat to say something.

"I'll call for a doctor if you-" He began but she cut him off with a jerky shake of the head. "Right," He said, stepping towards her. "You'll sleep here." He gestured towards the bed she'd been sitting on and she nodded. She uncrossed her arms and peeled back the blankets of the bed. She flinched involuntarily as Phillip's hand touched the small of her back in an effort to help her into bed. "I'm sorry," He muttered, his hand leaving her back immediately, as though one wrong touch might shatter her into pieces.

"Stay," She whispered. It had been more of a plea than a request. As much as she hated Phillip seeing her this feeble and weak, the hated the thought of spending the night alone even more.

"Of course," He replied. He moved towards the armchair in the corner of the room, but she grasped his hand, stopping him. She said nothing, but he seemed to understand all the same. Climbing onto the bed, he leaned back in a sitting position against the headboard, his body on top of the blankets that Reyna lay under. Allowing him to pull her in gently, she rested her head against his chest. His hand rested against her back, his fingers running through her hair comfortingly. Realizing just how utterly exhausted she was, she closed her eyes, sleep overtaking her body not long after. 

----------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to vote and comment! Ya'll's feedback is so important to me, especially on tougher chapters like this! <3