Chapter 14

Hey peeps! ***TRIGGER WARNING:*** This chapter is very long, but VERY dark. Please, please please proceed with caution! There are depictions of sexual assault in this chapter. I didn't take writing this chapter lightly, so it's taken me some time to put it all into words and contextualize it appropriately. I don't believe SA should ever be sugar coated or glossed over when used as a plot device, so I haven't. This is dark subject matter, so it is portrayed that way. With that being said, if you would like to skip over the actual assault, please read to the first ~ and then skip to the second ~

"Excuse me," Reyna muttered, skirting her way through the doorway of the washroom, past the tall blonde who was entering. Using the towel in her hands, she squeezing her hair, ringing out the residual water left behind from the shower she'd taken. Her bare feet padded against the floor, the cold concrete against her skin causing her to quicken her pace as she made her way back to her bunk. Luca wouldn't be coming to collect her tonight, so her usual rushed routine had been a bit more relaxed, giving her more time at the dining hall and in the washroom. 

Phillip had been away all day, and wouldn't be back until the morning - some official business he had to attend to in Munich, he'd told her the day prior. She wasn't completely sure where the camp she'd been brought to was. Wherever it was though, it was somewhere near the French border, and four hours from Munich if the estimate Phillip had given her the night before was accurate. Even though he'd be gone, she'd be spending the evening in Phillip's quarters as usual. He'd told her to make herself at home, and to stay as long as she wanted. Combing through her damp hair with her fingers, she sat down on her bed, the springs squeaking beneath her as she shifted her weight to slip her socks on.

She glanced around the room, taking in the evening's activities. Admittedly, she'd spent little time at the bunk house since meeting Phillip, leaving every evening before most of the girls had returned from supper, and returning after everyone had gone to bed. She watched as girls scurried towards the washroom, some huddled in groups in an attempt to feel safer she guessed. Her eyes drifted towards the entrance to the barrack where a few soldiers were hanging around, their eyes scanning the room for a new girl to keep them company tonight. She scrunched her face up in disgust, and turned away ... Best not to linger too long. Slipping her feet into the shoes at the foot of her bed, she bent down to tie them, thinking it best to make her way to Phillip's. 

"Here she is sir," She heard a voice say above her. She glanced sideways, her eyes falling on a pair of combat boots and beaten up, brown oxfords like the ones she was wearing. She drew her gaze from the shoes, up to the faces of the people wearing them. It was a girl, probably a few years younger than Reyna, accompanied by an officer. She stood up straight, dusting herself off nervously. 

"Feldman?" The officer asked. She nodded. "I've been asked to escort you to the Stubaf's quarters," He explained. Her brow furrowed slightly. Had Phillip returned early from his trip? And if so, why wasn't Luca fetching her as usual? The officer cleared his throat, raising an expectant eyebrow at her when she gave no reply. She nodded again, following him towards the exit.