Chapter 32

Happy Wednesday!! ***(TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter contains detailed depictions of sex

Happy Wednesday!! ***(TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter contains detailed depictions of sex ... please read with caution!)*** ...Remember when I put out a little poll for you guys regarding a certain spicy chapter(s)? Well surprise! (; After several agonizing hours, I finally got something written that I don't completely cringe at/want to crawl in a hole to hide from embarrassment.. LOL. I hope you guys enjoy!

Reyna lay in her bed, staring up at the ceiling. She'd been restless since lying down nearly an hour ago, tossing and turning back and forth while sleep evaded her. Something had ignited inside her when Phillip had given her the necklace. When his fingers had brushed her hair aside to fasten it around her neck. When he'd planted a kiss against the curve where her shoulder and neck joined. She reached up to touch the place his lips had been, trailing down her neck to grasp the teardrop pendant that rested there.

She sighed. She'd wanted him to ... wanted him to... She sighed again. She had no idea what she'd wanted him to do, but stop hadn't been it. She took a deep breath, trying to think clearly. She'd been a coward - hadn't been able to muster up the courage to voice what she wanted. She couldn't even voice it to herself now.

Sitting up in bed, she threw the covers off and stood up. Her bare feet padded against the hardwood as she opened the door and tiptoed down the hallway. She hugged her arms around herself, goosebumps peppering her bare arms, the flimsy nightgown she wore doing little to block out the chill of the night air. Reaching the door to Phillip's study, she knocked lightly.

No answer.

Twisting the knob, she let herself in. The fire that had crackled inside the hearth had been extinguished, the only light within the room coming from the moonlight that streamed in through the window. Tip toeing across the room, she stopped in front of the door that led to Phillip's bedroom. She sucked in a deep breath, exhaling as she knocked against the wood. Footsteps sounded from the other side before the knob turned and the door clicked open.

Phillip stood before her, one hand on the door, the other propped against the doorframe. "Reyna?" He peered down at her. He was still wearing the pants of his uniform, but had taken off his button down, a white undershirt the only thing remaining.

"Hi," She swallowed. "I hope I didn't wake you."

"No," He shook his head. "No, you didn't." His eyes scanned her up and down, lingering for a split second longer on the thin cotton nightgown that barely covered her knees. "Is something wrong?"

"No," She shook her head. "I just-" She stammered, losing what little nerve she'd had a few seconds ago. "I just ... wanted to thank you again." She reached up to grasp the pendant hanging from her neck. "For finding my necklace."

"Of course," He nodded. They stood in awkward silence for what felt like an eternity before he asked, "Was there something else?"

Yes.