Chapter 25

Happy Friday!! GUYS

Happy Friday!! GUYS. I'm obsessed with this chapter!! I've been sooo ready to post it, and I've finally gotten it edited to a place that I'm happy with! Let me know what you think!! :)

The drive to Munich had been just shy of five hours, and seeing as bringing a long a book to read hadn't been an option, most of it had been spent in silence. Officer Brandt, who she'd recognized immediately as the soldier who'd brought her to the study the night she and Phillip had met, had driven them. Phillip had sat in the passenger seat, while she and Luca had occupied the back. She'd spent the majority of her time either napping or counting the towering pine trees that lined either side of the road.

The four of them, had arrived to the hotel shortly after lunch, Phillip leaving soon after for whatever meeting he'd been there to attend. Luca had set to unpacking everything they'd brought with them, and she'd helped, Officer Brandt keeping a close eye on them as they worked. They'd all reconvened later that evening for dinner in the lobby's restaurant.

Climbing the stairs, Reyna followed behind Luca as Officer Brandt led them both up to their rooms. Stepping onto the landing, Officer Brandt turned the knob to the room, opening the door to allow her and Luca to step inside. A man of few words, he gave a slight nod, before closing the door, the lock clicking behind him as he turned the key.

"So what now?" She said, looking around the empty room. The hotel room was more like a suite, four rooms adjoined by a larger sitting area instead of your typical room with one or two beds.

"Well I imagine smoking and some kind of alcohol will be had," Luca said, plopping down on the sofa. "We're not invited to that bit though."

"So we just ... go to bed?" She asked. It was only half past seven. The thought of just retreating to her room for the night, without even a book to keep her company, didn't sound very appealing.

"Don't be ridiculous," Luca snorted. "The night's just getting started ... Let's see ... " Standing to his feet, he made his way to the bar cart in the corner of the room. Opening the cabinet, he peered inside. "These rooms always have a complimentary bottle of ... Ah, here it is," He said, pulling a bottle out, a triumphant smile on his face. "Champagne."

"I don't think we're meant to have that," She said, furrowing her brow apprehensively.

"Relax," He rolled his eyes as he began wiggling the cork free from the bottle. It's already charged to the room. Besides..." He paused, biting down on the cork and pulling it the rest of the way out with his teeth.

"Luca," She jumped as the bottle popped open.

"...Who else is gonna drink it?" He finished, holding up the bottle with a smirk. "Oh come on. Live a little," He added at the look she gave him.

Chewing on her lip, she looked around as if to make sure no one was watching them. There was no one though. They'd been locked in from the outside and she doubted anyone would be coming to check in on them for quite some time.