Twenty Six |

Twenty Six | 

The ride back to the castle was quiet and that was fine by me. I was terribly tired from the day's commotion, so much that I had almost forgot the silly tournament that would very much take my life, and if it did not the queen certainly would. Once we made it back to the castle, I took my leave. Escaping back to my room with Loli in tow. 

"Draw a bath please," I told her. 

She nodded, heading off as we climbed the stairs back to Eliza's chambers. As she did, I looked over to the tea room where Eliza sat with Rosa behind her and at the table two other women I did not know. I pulled off my cloak and curtsied politely. All four ladies looked at me oddly, and I remembered my gown had previously been soaked in dirty river water. 

"Good afternoon ladies," I said, doing my best to ignore my state. 

Eliza smirked slightly, "It is evening now Lady Roisin. Did you have a busy day?"

I nodded slowly, noticing the air elemental pins on the front of the gowns Eliza's guest wore. I also noticed they watched me carefully. No doubt Eliza meeting up with two air elementals near the tournament's date was surely planned. They were judging me carefully, and for that I had to be most careful. 

"This is Lady Mary Tupo, daughter of Duke Tupo and an air elemental who hopes to catch my mother's eye during the tournament," Eliza said gesturing to the one on her right who wore a slight violet gown), then she gestured to the lady on her left who wore a very dark maroon gown, "And this is Lady Scarlet Gayen, daughter of Earl  Gayen, whom is also an air elemental hoping to catch my mother's eye." 

"It is lovely to meet you," Lady Tupo said politely. 

"You are Fionn Roisin's sister, why are you covered in mud?" Lady Gayen demanded. 

I made sure to keep my smile polite, "I slipped while on my afternoon walk."

"It has not rained out," Scarlet pointed out, pushing a raven lock behind her ear, "Where could you possibly trip? Do let me know so that I might do better." 

My eyes narrowed, tension crackled, "Avoid the stables then."

"Ah," she laughed bitterly, "I do not go near the stables."

Annoyance filled me. 

"Then you will not slip it seems."

"I am surprised such a man like Sir Fionn would allow his sister near such filth."

I tilted my head, "If you refuse to go near horses how do you expect the queen to pick you as one of the royal elementals? Can you not ride yourself? A soldier must know how to do that in the very least."

Her jaw dropped, and her face turned red. 

Eliza laughed, "Well now; this is why Lady Roisin is my most favourite elemental." 

I curtsied again, "Please excuse me." 

Taking my leave, I slipped away and into the bathing room. There, Loli was adding the scent of hyacinth to the bath and I began to undress. It had not occurred to me until now, but I realized we had grown the flower of Neorian at the sickly village. Of course, the water hyacinth was not the land one which Neorian holds deer, but they were similar. Still, I wondered if trouble could come to the village for such a thing. I hoped not. 

"Your bath is ready," Loli said with a smile, "Would you like me to scrub your back?"

I shook my head, "I'm alright, thank you."

She left, and I slipped into the warm bath. My eyes flickered, and I moaned softly. After such an exciting day, a warm bath felt perfect against my skin. My thoughts turned to Erik. Naughty thoughts plagued my mind, and I felt my fingers run down my naked body. My breasts felt so heavy, and I felt a dangerous desire between my legs as I moved my fingers down my breasts, over my stomach and towards my aching center.