Sixteen |

Sixteen |

            "My dear! It's so good to see you again!" Loshe boomed as Aldrich and I walked in.

            I pulled on my best smile and nodded, "You as well! I'm happy it's under better circumstances this time around."

"You've come for a visit then?"

"Is that alright?"

"Of course!" he replied with a jolly chuckle, "Stay as long as you'd like."

My heart warmed, "thank you." 

            "Anytime," he said with a wink before setting his gaze on Aldrich, "And what can I get you two? Fancy a drink or perhaps some food?"

            "Are you hungry little sister?"

            I blushed at his consideration, "Not really."

"Two pints of Luar then!" he laughed, placing two gold coins on the counter.

Loshe nodded, "Coming right up."

Aldrich lead us to a table and I looked at him curiously.

"What's Lure?" I asked.

"Luar. It's a type of fermented drink infused with magic. Typically elementals drink it because normal ales don't have any affect on us," he hummed.

My eyes widened. I didn't know that.

"But the wine in Ipuina," I argued, "it had me feeling funny."

"It would," he chuckled, "Ipuina wine is magic infused as well. Actually, all wine in Ipuina is magic infused. The Queen made it illegal not to long ago to not magic infuse wine."

That sounded strange, "Why?"

"Who knows. Rumor had it that Robert Yarrow bought fifty one kegs of wine for a ball only to find none of them were magic infused. So, while the King got drunk no one at the ball did thus the Queen was quite embarrassed."

I giggled at the silly rumor.

"Here you go," Loshe came over with two large glasses of a faintly glowing liquid.

He placed them on the table before walking away and I eyed the mysterious drink. It bubbled like nothing I'd seen before and had a few little blue flowers floating in the top. My brain told me they were little borage buds. I sniffed the drink. It burned my nose, smelling both sour and sweet while holding that fermentation scent that had my throat alight.

"Try some," Aldrich mused.

I nodded, taking a small sip. It tasted like lavender with lemon! But of course, had that fermentation sharpness which was only cut slightly by the taste of honey. I placed the glass back down. From a mere sip I could feel my head begin to swim.

"Not a fan?" he teased, taking a long drink of his.

I gave him a sour smile, "Do remember we must horse ride back."

"You sound like Huna!" Aldrich laughed.

To my surprise, Aldrich didn't seem too affected by the drink. Despite drinking both his and then mine, he seemed his usual self. Although, I'd never seen Aldrich drunk before, perhaps his personality wasn't altered. In any case, as soon as the two drinks were gone, we continued our adventure outside. I enjoyed the sensation of warm sunlight dancing across my face and the soft, warm breeze that tickled my nose.

"Might I ask you something?" I asked as we walked the two horses from Loshe's place and down the road towards the dress maker.

He hummed, glancing at me, "Of course."