Chapter 2

"Do I really have to go?" I asked into my phone in frustration. Facetime calls were never my favorite.

"Lylah, you were the stuntwoman for the lead character in the movie, they want you at the premier, and then you'll be at the afterparty in Beverly Hills," my manager, Juliette Simmons, commanded. She never allowed me to call her Julie or Jules, only Juliette.

I knew she was right. I wasn't really very social, since I'd been mostly on my own other than being with Trish for so long. But the premiere would be good exposure for both me and Trish, and the party would give me a chance to make some more connections and potentially find my next stunt gig. "Fine. What time do we need to be there?"

"I have a limo scheduled for 6pm. The premier is over at 9pm, and then you take the limo to the after party. He'll wait there till you want to leave. Trisha will be there with you all night, the rest of us will meet you at the afterparty," Juliette explained.

"I guess I can live with that." I surrendered to the inevitable.

"Oh, and we have another request from Max Cox for a collaboration video for your channels. I think that could be a good thing, you haven't done a collaboration with anyone but Trisha in almost two years," she pointed out.

"Yeah, and I won't do one with Max. He's just trying to use us for publicity. He hasn't done anything except copy other streamers, and the viewers know it." Why she kept pushing this guy on us almost every week baffled me, she knew we hated him! I pulled out a mottled black and white composition book and leafed through it. "Speaking of streaming, we're going to do the Space Needle base jump up on Seattle next week. I already checked with them, so they're expecting us."

"Perfect. That should be a good one."

"Is there anything else, or can I keep relaxing for a bit?" I asked a little testily. Juliette was all business, and good at her job, but there were times that I really needed her to be more of a mother than a bitch. Bitch got the job done though; I couldn't argue with that.

"Not really. Natalie and Sonny will probably get with you about the last video and see if you want to change up the editing or camera locations, but otherwise you can relax for a bit before the limo gets here," Juliette promised with a tight smile. Yet again, she couldn't use nicknames. Natalie hated being called anything but Nat, but Juliette couldn't stop!

I know she thinks I'm lazy, but damn it, I needed rest sometimes. My body needed to recuperate after the long days! How could I make love to Trish all night if I was too tired from work? All work and no play will make Lylah a bitchy chick and all that. Besides, after my nightmares I always need extra sleep. "I'll talk to them. I think it was good last time, but it could be better. I don't know why we're not using more of the helmet cams on these videos when the editing is done. The fans want to see the bird's eye view. The comments all say it is like being on a roller coaster and they want more. We have the video, so we should give it to them."

"But the sponsors want to see their name in the video," she pointed out. "That is where the money is coming from. Red Bull and Honda pay a lot of money for that!"

"Yeah, and they get their money's worth. They're not the ones out there risking their necks. Maybe I can put their logos on the gloves, give them the best of both worlds," I suggested.

"Talk to Sonny, he had some ideas too. And Natalie can add logos into the video during editing."

"Fine, I'll take care of it. Is there anything else?"

"No, go enjoy your day. Remember, 6pm for the limo!" I thumbed off the call and then sank back into the bed.

She knew she had to remind me, since it was obvious that I didn't really want to go. A premiere filled with actors pretending they knew me, and an after party with those same people plus their friends that knew me even less. Thank god that Trish would be there to keep me sane. I mean, Ava Santos, the actress I doubled for was super nice, but the rest never even acknowledged me.

I heard the outside door close and knew that Trish was home. With a groan I struggled to throw off the fluffy comforter, but instead I succumbed to its evil plan and snuggled deeper into its lethal sleep embrace.

"Ly, are you awake?" I heard Trish whisper when she came into the bedroom.

"No. I'm asleep!" I mumbled, wishing it were so.

"So, I should just dump out this coffee then?" I could hear her get closer and the smell of the coffee somehow permeated the comforter. I moved it just enough to peek out and was graced with a lovely expanse of almond colored thigh.

"I guess I could have the coffee." I somehow found the strength to sit up, and my smiling goddess handed me a large travel mug that smelled delicious.

"French vanilla creamer and one sugar, just the way you like it," Trish told me as I took a happy sip.

"Mmmm..." I moaned appreciably. "Damn, that coffee wakes me up almost as well as you do Trish baby. Did you have a good time this morning?" I knew she had gone on one of her 'man on the street' interview segments that seemed to delight her subscribers. There were a lot of strange characters in Los Angeles, so she always found some interesting tidbits to post.

"I did, yeah. There were a lot of people out there. Even saw Keanu Reeves! He was just sitting there drinking coffee on a bench. I sat next to him with my coffee. Neither of us said a thing, just hung out. It was the best morning ever!" Trish was bouncing up on the edge of the bed and I had to mock pout at her.

"And here I thought the best morning ever was when you woke up with me between your legs. Obviously, I need to step up my game!"

She leaned over and gave me a kiss, licking the coffee off me and smirking. "You know that is my favorite way to wake up!"

I pulled her down onto me with my free hand, while carefully keeping my coffee from spilling. "Well, I'm still sleepy, I could wake you up again that way!"

"Oh no you don't! We have hair and makeup appointments before the premiere, and we still need food. Save your horniness for after the party tonight and you can have me in whatever way you like," Trish promised.

"Mmmm, I do like the sound of that." I gave her one more quick kiss before releasing her. "Let me grab a shower, and then we'll go make ourselves look presentable to our adoring fans!" That was complete bullshit, as any of my fans wouldn't be at the premiere, or the party, but we could certainly pretend!

We were living in my two bedroom condo, and one of the selling points were the large showers that Trish and I loved to take advantage of. They also had handy niches in them that were used to store shampoo, conditioner, body wash and travel coffee mugs. Or that was the case today, as I continued to drink down the caffeine while getting clean, because damn, did I need this coffee! The condo was also handy because we were both out of town a lot, and we never had to worry about maintenance. The last thing I needed was a yard that was growing high because I was doing a film out of state!

I didn't have to get all dolled up for the premier, nobody expected a stunt woman to be in some sort of a fancy dress or anything, so I could dress more to my online persona. Ripped black skinny jeans, a cropped while tank top, black boots and my signature cropped black leather jacket was all I needed. Any photos that had me in them would be perfect for my twitter and Instagram feeds and wouldn't be anything different than my normal look.

Trish loved getting all dressed up for these events, but that was more of her personality. She ended up in a gorgeous wine colored off the shoulder maxi dress that showed enough collarbone to make me want to nibble on her all night and had a slit up to her thigh that I knew my hands would be exploring in the limo all night. With her hair in a half updo, she looked like she should be in the movie herself, not just attending as my plus one.

Our hair and makeup sessions weren't too bad. I was fast as my hair always fell in its normal waves, and I never did anything special with it. I also didn't wear much makeup, so I was fast. I had a little bit of a wait for my girl, but she was always so beautiful that I could never fault her for taking advantage of the treatment. By the time we were done, we had time for a quick snack back at the condo, and then we were heading out to the limo when I got a text that he was there.

Yep, we were off to the movie premiere. Shoot me now.