Chapter 3

"Lylah, what was it like working on Seven Deadly Surfers?" called out one of the reporters that was hounding all us guests on the red carpet. "Was Ava as difficult to work with as everyone says?"

I may not have mentioned it before, but I hate the paparazzi. But times like this made me thankful for the improv classes I took all those years again in San Diego, because I could roll with just about anything. "Man, I don't think I've ever had more fun on a movie set. Spending the day out on the water surfing? Hell, I should have been begging them to let me help out!" Total bullshit. I couldn't believe the movie was greenlit! It was a blatant rip off of Point Break, but with bikini clad girls that distracted people with skin instead of president masks. Actually, that might just make it a hit, because people tend to like women in bikinis.

The part about Ava was concerning though, I'd never heard anything negative about her, so maybe they were just fishing for something to write. It was her first movie since her Disney television show days, and her agent must have said yes to the first movie to cross her desk. She was three years younger than me, having turned 18 just prior to the movie starting filming, and still not jaded by the movie business. Maybe the press thought she would be some sort of prima donna? Really though, she was the only one that regularly greeted me when I came on set and remembered little things like my coffee and donut order. But it wasn't just me that she did that for, it was everyone. If there was someone badmouthing her, they were trash. "Ava might be the sweetest person I know other than my girl Trish here. She was my best friend on the set, and I really hope that we can keep in contact after the movie because I'd do her stunts on every one of her movies if it meant I could hang out with her again."

There, that should shut them the fuck up. Unlike the answer about the movie, which was the absolute truth. She'd given me her number on the last day of shooting, and we had traded silly memes several times since then. I would absolutely want to keep her as a friend. The prop master on the set, a hippy lesbian names Ginger, myself and Ava would snicker all day while shooting at the little prank that Ginger played. See, there were seven deadly surfers, and while nobody had said anything about it, Ginger had arranged the props and given each of them a surfboard with a design in one of the colors of the rainbow. So, while it wasn't a big LBTBQ+ film, we got a little reference in there on our own. Hell, Ava loved her green dragon board so much, she kept it after the shoot!

"Lylah, rumor has it you'll be doing a big new secret collab with Max Cox! Will this one be as epic as some of your others?" Came one last question just as I thought I was done.

Well, what the fuck? First, this was the first time I have ever been asked anything about my YouTube work at any of the seven premieres I've been to over the years. And second, where the fuck is all this Max Cox talk coming from? Who names their kid that? The dude should be in porn with a name like that!

"I have no idea how all this collaboration with a Max Cox talk gets traction, but it isn't happening. I have Trish, we do our own stuff unless there is something special that we want to do. There is nothing special about a collaboration with Max, so we're not doing it unless we make a blooper video or something," I said through gritted teeth. First Juliette, and now this moron. Is Max somehow getting bigger than I thought? No, not a chance. The guy's channel was a joke, doing stunts that had been done five years ago, some of which were direct copies of my own.

I didn't even wait for a follow up, I just kept walking with Trish on my arm. "Sorry Ly, I don't know why they won't let that go. Maybe we should do one to shut them up?" Her voice soothed me at once, and it grated on my nerves that nobody was asking anything about Trish on those carpets. I need to get Juliette to pay a reporter to ask something for her on the carpet and get her even more exposure. My girl deserves it!