Chapter 4

I sat in the limo, my arms around Trish. She was leaning into me, her head on my shoulder, but not talking. I was afraid to speak up myself, because all I'd want to do is find out what was bothering her, and yet it seemed like that was the last thing she wanted to discuss. If we put in an appearance at the party for a couple hours, then we could get home, and hopefully she could get whatever was wrong off her chest while we snuggled up in our bed.

I looked out the window when the limo finally stopped and had no idea where we were. It wasn't shocking, I never came out into the hills to where the big producers and directors lived, and I was certain that this was the house of one of them. I got out of the back seat, and then held my hand out to help Trish out. She took my hand and let me keep holding it on the way into the party. I guess that was a good sign, right?

It was a big party, a sprawling mansion with at least three floors and a mammoth pool in the backyard. I couldn't even imagine how much something like this cost, nor could I think of any way I could fill it even if I invited every friend that I knew to live with me. It was just way too big!

A doorman opened the front door for us, and we nodded as we stepped into the foyer. The house was magnificent, I couldn't deny it. The foyer was on the second floor, and had stairs leading both up and down, with the party happening in both directions. Downstairs had more people, as well as the exit to the back yard, and that was what I needed. Being around too many people always got me anxious, and I would want to be outside to escape that.

As we walked down the stairs together, we passed a waiter with a tray of champagne, and Trish snagged one and tossed it back in just a couple of gulps. "Trish baby, are you okay? I don't think I've ever seen you drink like that!" I barely see her drink at all actually. I never drink after living with my father's drug and alcohol issues, and Trish has at most a couple drinks a week. Tossing back champagne like that was completely out of character for her.

"Yep! It's a party, time to have fun, right?" She flashed me a completely fake smile, and then walked towards another waiter and grabbed a second champagne, downing that just as fast.

"Hey! Slow down!" I grabbed her as she was ready to chase the same waiter down for another glass. "I thought we had plans for later on tonight?"

"Yeah. Plans. Right," she muttered. "What kind of plans do you have?"

I lowered my voice and leaned in close, making sure she could feel my breath on her neck and ear. "I seem to remember you telling me I could have you in any way I wanted to. I plan to do just that."

She grunted, then lowered her head to her chest. "What if I want different plans?"

"Then just tell me what you want. Tell me and I'll make it happen. All I want is to make you happy!" What kinds of plans was she talking about? Did they include me?

"I don't know what I want any more." She looked me in the eye and blinked back tears.

"Did I do something, Trish? Why is all of this happening? I thought things were going great, we were so happy!" I was holding her arms trying to get her to look at me.

"We're good, we're good. I'm just insecure tonight. I'm sorry Ly. I don't know why I'm thinking about all this stuff." She shook her head and then took a deep breath. "I'm going to go find the bathroom, I'll meet you by the pool, okay?"

I looked into her eyes, and she was still looking off, but I couldn't tell why. "Yeah, I'll be at the pool. Text me if you need anything, or you can't find me."