Chapter 36

"Holy shit, I love this place!" exclaimed Miki as she and Liv wandered through Ava's house. Sorry, our house. I was still getting used to that statement! "I can't believe you moved in together! Does that mean I get another interview?"

"Do they need an interview just for us moving in together?" I wondered.

Miki shrugged as she made her way out to the back yard. "Probably not, but... Holy fuck this back yard is so cool! It's like a little jungle oasis! Wait, do jungles have those? Fuck, I don't care. It's awesome! Nobody can see you back here?"

"Nope," Ava confirmed. "We're completely secluded here.

Miki turned to look at us, confusion on her face. "Then why did you tell us to bring our bathing suits? We're going skinny dipping, right?"

"Diz, come on. You can't try to get them naked as soon as you step into their house!" Liv exclaimed as she shook her head ruefully.

"Oh, come on! You know they're out there skinny dipping every day!" Miki snorted before turning to look at us. "I'm right, aren't I?"

I shot a quick look over at Ava. We were both in bikinis with cut off jean shorts over the bottoms, but normally we would be naked right now. But guests tend to want us in clothes, so we had the minimum required. "Yeah, we might do that."

"A lot." Ava added.

"I knew it!" At that point, everyone knew what was about to happen, but the speed at which it did was astounding. Like Superman changing out of his suit in a phone booth, Miki's clothes went flying, and she took a running jump into the pool. "Woohooo! This feels so good!"

The three of us just stood and stared while she started swimming happily in the pool like a frolicking sexy otter. "I guess I should have seen that coming," Liv said with a light chuckle. "She has just the right amount of crazy to make every day an adventure."

"How the hell do you keep up with her?" I asked as I stared. "I'd think having her as a girlfriend would wear you out!"

Liv shrugged lightly while watching her. "She does. But I love every second of it. Besides, she really likes being restrained, so that helps when she's bouncing off the walls a little. Oh, and she isn't my girlfriend anymore. We got married in Vegas when we were there this week. We would have invited you, but it was a little spur of the moment thing."

Ava and I both turned our heads to look at Liv in disbelief, not sure how to take in all of that information at once. "You're married?" Ava said in a hushed tone.

"Oh, yeah! It was fun! We had Elvis do it, it was so cheesy we couldn't stop laughing. We had reviewed the chapel that afternoon, and they walked us through how they do the services, and I was like, hey we should do that some time. Miki, being Miki, said yeah, like right now! So, we did. Got hitched right then, and then went back to the hotel and fucked each other silly all night," Liv explained.

"Wasn't that a little quick?" I whispered.

"Nah, I knew I was going to marry her the day I met her. The way her eyes light up when she looks at me, I've never experienced anything like that. She's my muse." Liv looked over at us with a blissful smile on her face. "I've met so many fake people out here. People who would want to pick me up and have sex for tattoos, or have tons of pickup lines, or are looking for a swinger, or want to try and use my studio as a front for drugs or money laundering. Everyone has an agenda. Miki is completely fucking honest. She has no agenda. She just loves me, every single second. She has zero filter, and I absolutely love it, since I don't have much of one either. I've never been happier in my life, and it's all her. How could I not marry her?"

I felt a swell of happiness as Liv talked about Miki, because so much of it resonated with how I felt about Ava. She just loved me, every single second. She wasn't fake. We both had much larger filters, but when it came to each other, the only agenda was making the other happy. This was what I needed. Ava was it.

"Liv! Get in here!" Miki was waving from the pool. "The water feels so good on my tits! Come feel it!"

"Do you mind?" Liv asked.

"Nope. Go nuts. Mi casa and all that," Ava replied. She was as amused by them just as much as I was.

"Cool, thanks!" Liv took a little more time to strip, but then her inked up and naked body splashed into the pool next to a squealing Miki before sweeping the tinier girl into her arms and kissing her soundly.

We just stared. They were so damned innocently in love, like they had their own little bubble that the universe couldn't pop, and it was fucking beautiful. I didn't even know I was crying until Ava took me in her arms and wiped some of the tears away.

"Hey, we're okay," she assured me.

"I know we are. I think Liv just shook my brain up a little bit like a snow globe and it makes so much more sense," I replied. "There is no version of my future in which I turn out happy that you're not a part of. I get it now. Sometimes your heart, your mind, your body and soul just knew what it needed. Mine knew now too. You are the woman I want Ava, and I'm done with the nerves and jitters. I love you so fucking much."

Her face bloomed into a smile wider than any I'd ever seen before she gave me a wonderfully luxurious kiss. One in which every ounce of passion and love we felt was conveyed from lip to lip. "Welcome to the club," she finally murmured once we broke apart.

"Get in here you two! Naked booby party and you two have the decorated ones!" Miki chortled.

"I know you said the neighbors can't see in here, but can they hear?" I wondered.

She just smirked. "I guess we'll know after today!"

"You really want to do this?"

She nodded at the pool, where Miki had her legs wrapped around Liv, while Liv tried to swim on her back like she was Miki's surfboard. "Look at them. They don't give a fuck about anything but each other. Liv's already seen both of our breasts, and for all their boldness, they only have eyes for each other."

"Good point. Let's get in there then!"

We didn't have much to strip off, and moments later we were running hand in hand towards the pool where we did a dual cannonball with a giant splash. The water was cool on our skin, and while I'd been skinny dipping in here every day since moving in with Ava, it always gave me a thrill to do so again and again. Much like Liv and Miki, we ended up stuck together, Ava's legs around my hips as I leaned back against the side of the pool.

"Ava, do you see us getting married someday?" I whispered into her ear.

"I see that every time I look at you," she admitted, making my heart flutter like crazy. "I just didn't want to talk about it because I know you've been freaking out a little bit."

I ran my hands up and down her back, the silky skin even smoother with the water sloshing over it. "What if I'm not freaking out anymore?"

"Then maybe we should discuss it." she nuzzled my neck, right below my ear, and I tilted my head a bit to let her keep going. "How would you feel about meeting my parents?"

I'd never done that before. Trish's parents had kicked her out, and the girl in high school I'd briefly dated before my aunt did the same to me had never been serious enough for that. But it was the right step, since Ava actually had a good relationship with her folks. "Yeah. I like the sound of that. Will they be okay with me being with you?"

"Of course! I've already told them all about you, and they saw Miki's interviews. They know I love you, and they could see how much you love me on camera. They've never judged my relationships, so as long as you love me and make me happy, they won't care."

"Then I don't have to be petrified to meet them, huh?"

"Nah. That will be an easy day," she assured me. "We'll just go over for dinner some time."

Yeah. I guess it really could be that simple sometimes. I could dimly see Liv and Miki making out on the other end of the pool, and they just didn't care about the rest of the world. They were so wrapped up in their own lives that nothing else mattered. Maybe we really were in our own little bubbles together. I don't think they'd ever believe me if I told them how their love had inspired me to get over my own insecurities.

"I can't wait. I can't wait to do everything with you. I love you so much!"