11. apology

"You told him about your dad?" Big Red asked in shock when Nina told him and his other friends  what had happened last night.

"Yeah," she whispered nodding. "I have no reason to keep it from him."

"So are you guys like- okay now?" he raised an eyebrow.

"What? No!" the brunette replied. "That was probably the last time we talked."

"Don't say that-"

"Why? It's true. He will definitely return to his perfect celebrity life in few days and forget that something like salt lake city exists. So I never see him again... -but that's fine because I'm better off without him." she shrugged.  

"You never know." Kourtney smiled at her. "You may see him again."

"I'd rather not." Nina replied.

"You're saying that," Gina started carefully. "But are you sure there is no chance that you missed him a bit?" 

"No." the girl answered quickly. 

They looked at her in disbelief but did not want to anger her with more questions. 

Nina saw on their faces that they did not believe her answer, so she wanted to continue, but before she said anything, the door slammed. They all looked there and saw a brown-haired boy with a cap and sunglasses. 

The girl's eyes widened in annoyance as her friends smiled at the celebrity who slowly began to walk towards them.

"Hey guys." he said quietly. 

"Hey Ricky." Big Red replied, and the curly boy showed him a small smile, but then moved his attention to the brunette.

"What are you doing here?" she asked without any emotion.

"Um, well-" he started but didn't know how to continue.

The angry face of his ex-best friend and the big smiles of her friends, who were already looking for their phones to take pictures with him, made him nervous. 

"I wanted to apologize." he said truthfully. "For everything. I don't know anyone here except you and Red, all my friends are in California and the friends I had here... well you know-" he looked sadly at the ground and the cousins exchanged glances. "Well it doesn't matter, it's just that I don't know anyone else here and I'll be here for a while and I don't want the only two people I know hate me, so I am sorry for everything."

Nina didn't know what to say to him, she didn't expect him to say something like that, so she just looked at him in surprise.

Her three friends were shocked too but also confused as they did not yet fully understand what was happening.

"It's fine." Red smiled at him. He was telling the truth since he had no negative emotions for him, in fact he missed him quite a bit.

Richard was a little disappointed that Nina didn't give him any response but he couldn't say he was surprised.  "Thank you Red." he smiled. "Before I go, can I go to the toilet?" 

"Of course." the red-haired boy nodded. "It's over there." he pointed in the direction of the bathroom, and then Ricky turned and walked there. 

"Nina Salazar-Roberts!" Kourtney screamed in the whisper.

"What?"

"What do you mean 'what'?" Gina continued. "That poor man apologizes beautifully to you and you just ignore him."

Nina felt a little bad because he seemed to mean it but she couldn't trust him. Not yet...

"And what do you want me to do?"

"Why didn't you invite him to join us when we'll go out on saturday?"

"Because no."

"He doesn't know anyone here just the two of you, he needs some friends." 

What they said seemed absurd to her. "I haven't seen him in years, and if it wasn't clear, I'm mad at him."

"But I don't understand why." Seb shook his head. "After all, he is so kind and he apologized to you, and he is not at all mad at me for revealing that he is here."

"Guys stop." the small brunette told them. "No offense but you don't know him you only know what is written online and you don't know what happened so you don't have the right to tell me what to do."

"Sorry..." they decided to stop because they knew she didn't like to talk about him but also because the singer had came back from the toilet. 

"Okay so I'll go now." Richard said sadly looking at everyone but stopped at Nina. But she did not look at him, her gaze was on her three friends who stood behind him and motioned for her to say something. She thought for a moment and then looked at her cousin, who just shrugged his shoulders because he didn't want to pressure her into anything. 

"Bye guys." the curly boy said, turned and began to walk to the door.

"Wait!" suddenly he heard a girl's voice.

He looked blankly at Nina. "Um, we're having a picnic on saturday..." she continued, still wondering if she was seriously asking this. "Do you want to come?"

——————

So I am officially done with all my exams this year so I'm gonna be more active!!!

:)))

Love you guys, Sof♡