17. something more

please comment or vote and enjoy :)

Nina was at work. She was making coffee while Big Red was washing the dishes next to her. Their friends were also there, because they were all very interested in what was happening between her and the famous singer.

"So should we call you Nini again?" her cousin asked.

"Or only Ricky can?" Gina smiled. 

"What do you mean?" Nina looked at her not understanding what she was talking about. 

"I just- Ricky is suddenly your best friend." she answered her. "Maybe even something more?"

"I don't think I understand you." 

"I think what Gina is trying to say is," Kourtney started to explain. "that you and Ricky would make a nice couple. 

"This is a joke right?" Nina raised an eyebrow. 

"Oh come on," Seb rolled his eyes at how his friend did not see what was obviously going on. "When you two look at each other it's like you're in love." 

"Whoa, wait a second, in love?" 

"We can all see it." Gina nodded. 

The brunette got nervous and looked at her cousin who just shrugged and said. "I mean, the chemistry is visible."

"Okay I think you all are crazy." Nina told them as she picked up two cups of coffee. "Ricky and I are nothing but friends." she said and walked away to the customers with their drinks. 

"How long will she pretend she doesn't like him?" Kourtney asked annoyed. 

"Love him." Seb corrected her. 

"As if you didn't know her." Big Red laughed. "It's Nina. Our friend Nina. Nina without emotion. She won't admit that she feels something. All we can do is wait until she realizes it." 

"I hope it's soon," Gina told them. "because the two of them are made for each other." 

"You know, just because I'm a few steps away from you doesn't mean I can't hear you." Nina said when she came back. 

"But it is true. You should be together." Seb said and the girls nodded. 

"It doesn't matter what should happen." the brunette replied. "We're just not meant to be together."

"Why do you say that?" Kourtney asked her. 

"He is only here temporarily." she answered sadly. "In two months he will have to go back to Los Angeles and I won't see him ever again." 

"But that doesn't have to happen." her friend told her. "Now that you are good again, he can visit here and you there."

"And you graduate from high school in a few months. You can move there and become a singer. Make your dream come true." Gina said. 

"Yeah, Ricky would definitely help you with that." Seb agreed. 

"Yeah, sure." Nina laughed because she thought they were just joking. 

"But why not?" 

"Because..." she started but didn't know how to answer. "because... because what will happen to the restaurant? Who will work here every day?" 

"When you are famous and rich you can financially support the restaurant." Seb shrugged. 

"Plus your dad would like you to do what you really want. And that's singing, not making coffee." Kourtney added. 

"Nina, forget all the excuses you can think of and just answer honestly. Do you like Ricky more than a friend?" Red asked his cousin. 

The girl looked at the floor thinking of what to say. But she decided to be honest with them and also with herself. 

"When we are alone, I feel as if... as if there is something more between us than just friendship." she confessed. "I don't know. The only thing I'm sure of is that I don't want to destroy our friendship with some feelings. He can make me laugh like no one else, when I'm with him I smile all the time and forget everything that makes me sad because he brings me happiness. I just look at it and I immediately feel better. And when we sing together-" she stopped herself because she realized something. 

"I think you like him." Red told her. 

"Yeah, I think so too." Nina nodded. 

"I think you love him." Seb said, he was convinced that it was true. 

"What do you think I should do?" 

"You have to talk to him." Gina answered her. "Tell him how you feel. Be honest." 

"Really?" 

"Yeah, run." 

"What? Like right now?" she was confused.

"Yes, right now." 

"What about work?"

"We'll take care of it." they smiled at her.

Seb said. "Like you said, you don't have much time, so you have to enjoy your time together while you still can."

"You know what?" Nina told them smiling. "I think you're right. I'm gonna tell him. And I'm gonna do it right now."

"Yeah go Nina!"

"Oh and one more thing..." she said as she put on her black jacket. "You can call me Nini" 

Everyone smiled, but Big Red the most because he knew how much that one nickname meant. 

"Okay, Nini." he whispered.

"Now go!" Seb shouted.

"Yeah, yeah, I love you guys, bye!" Nina said and left.

The other friends stayed there and all started working and talking about how Nini and Ricky are perfect for each other. 

A few minutes passed and suddenly a curly-haired boy with sunglasses came out of the back door. 

"Hey guys." he said. 

"What are you doing here? You're not supposed to be here." Gina was shocked to see him there, everyone was. 

"I'm looking for Nini." he answered. 

"For what?" 

"I have something very important to tell her." Richard had a very similar conversation with his friends as Nina had with hers. 

"That you like her?" 

"What?" Ricky asked in shock. "How do you- what?" 

"Oh come on, we're not blind or stupid." 

"Okay yes I like her." Richard admitted. "Do you think she feels the same?" 

"Actually," the blond boy started. "She is on her way to your house right now to tell you that she likes you." 

"What? Really?" 

"Seb!" Gina yelled at him and glared. "You shouldn't have told him that."

"I'm just trying to make it easier for them, because if we leave it up to them, they'll never get together." he replied. 

"Nini likes me?" 

Red took a deep breath and said. "Yes Ricky and now shut up and run after her." 

The others nodded in agreement and Ricky ran off without a second thought. The only thing on his mind was that he had to find Nini. 

guys, my activity is getting better :)

and today is finally a longer chapter, I hope you liked it

love ya, Sof♡