28. let you go

"What?" Nina's friends asked in shock when she told them what happened. 

"Yeah," she nodded. "Me and Ricky are officially over."

"That can't be true," Kourtney shook her head. "You two are soulmates. You must be together."

"Yes," Seb nodded. "your children would be so beautiful." 

"Well, we'll probably never know." the brunette looked at the ground sadly. 

"Aw Nini," her friend Gina immediately hugged her. "I think it's not over between you yet. At least not like this."

"You still have two weeks." Kourt smiled hopefully. 

"I know," Nini nodded. "And I want to enjoy these last days with him. But I don't want us to be officially together because then it will hurt even more to break up. I mean why would I be his girlfriend for two weeks when then it has to end?"

"So... you'll go on dates and kiss but you won't be together?" her cousin asked, confused. 

"I don't know if he will agree," she shrugged. "but I would like to enjoy our last time together with him as much as possible. Because we do love each other and we don't know when we will see each other again, so I would like it to be the best two weeks." 

"So why break up now?" 

"Because it won't last when he goes away." she answered them with tears in her eyes. "It didn't even last that one week. We would just end up hurting each other."

"But you love him." 

"I do, but I don't want to wait for him to make time for me in his busy schedule. That would just break my heart."

None of them knew what to say. They didn't know how to cheer her up, because there was probably no way. This was something she had to feel, she had to feel the pain of the first heartbreak and there was nothing they could say to change it.

...

"Wow, I didn't expect that." Carlos said when Richard told him and the other friends over the phone what happened yesterday. "I thought you would be together forever."

"Are you good dude?" EJ asked. 

"No, not really..." Ricky shook his head. "I really love her." 

"We know." Ashlyn said sadly. "You two were perfect together."

"What happens now?" Carlos asked curiously. "Well, you're there for two more weeks. I hope you won't avoid her."

"I don't know if she wants to see me. It would probably be awkward." 

"And? It doesn't matter." Los shook his head. "You two are in love and you have the last few days when you can be together so you can't both just be locked in your room sad. You must be together as long as you can. You need some closure." 

Richard thought about what his friend said and realized that he was right. He can't not spend these two weeks with Nini. He wants to hug and kiss her one last time. He wants to be with her every minute he can. 

It can't end like this.

"Thank you guys for everything," he said with a small weak smile. "I'm glad to have you in my life, you are great friends." 

"We are always here for you." the girl said. "I hope you know that." 

Richard said goodbye to his friends and ended the call. 

He sighed at everything that had happened in the last few days and stood up from his bed. He slowly started walking towards the piano. Lying on the table next to him he saw a paper with his writing on it. It was a song he started writing last night when he got home.

He took the paper in his hand and began to think how the song could continue. After half an hour he finished it. His fingers slowly touched the piano and he began to sing.

"Close the book before it turns to tragedy
Tear the treehouse down, give up the fantasy"

This line is about how even though Ricky doesn't want to admit it, he knows Nini was right and it's better to end it now than to hurt them more in the future.

"Nothin' to regret since the day we met
Glad we took a chance makin' our own world
Perfectly imperfect like it had to be"

While writing this he thought about all the memories they had together and how happy he is for everything they experienced together.

"Who thought that one first kiss
Would turn into two heartbreaks?"

Ricky knew that he was Nina's first kiss and he liked the feeling that he had a piece of her that no one would ever have. 

And if he was honest he wished she was his first kiss and even if she wasn't, she was his first real kiss. 

All other kisses were for career. Ricky never had a girlfriend he liked. All the girls he dated were chosen by his manager and it was not because of love but because of popularity.

"I love you so much that I've gotta let you go
It couldn't last forever
And I hope you find better
I can't forget us, can't pretend we ain't broken
It was good together
Now I've gotta let you go"

When he finished singing he started to think about what his friends said. 

Two weeks. 

That's all he has until he has to go back and do whatever his manager likes. He must enjoy these two weeks with the girl he loves. 

He decided to send her a text. "Can we please meet tomorrow?"

.

this chapter is very short and I don't even like it, let's hope the next one will be better. 

love ya all, thanks for reading, Sof♡