30. universe knows

Three days. 

That's all the couple had until they had to say goodbye. 

Ricky honestly didn't want to leave and Nini didn't want him to leave. Both of them already knew that it would be difficult when they were far from each other. And they already knew that they would miss each other very much. 

"I love that our first date was a picnic and our last date is a picnic too." she said as they lay on the blanket next to each other looking at the sky. 

"It's the only good way." Ricky smiled. "But don't say the last date because it's not."

She turned her head to see him. "But it is. Tomorrow we have a goodbye dinner with all our friends and you are leaving the day after tomorrow. Your flight is in the morning so this is our last date." 

Ricky looked at the sky again, not wanting this day to be sad. "This one looks like a dog." he pointed a finger at the cloud above them. 

Nina laughed. "No, that's definitely a bike."

"What? A bike?" 

"That doesn't even look like a dog." 

"Are you blind?" he asked her laughing. "That is definitely a dog." 

"Okay, okay, maybe it is a dog." she replied.

They both laughed and after a while the boy said. "I started writing my own songs again."

"What? Ricky, are you serious?" Nina asked excited, sitting up.

"Yeah," he nodded looking at the brunette as she was very happy with this information. "Well, I had a good inspiration lately." 

"Will you promise me something?" Nini asked and lay down next to him again. "Promise me that when you come back to California you will make an album with your songs." 

"Uh- I don't know if Zack will allow me-" 

"Please Ricky." she begged. "At least one song."

"And how will you know that I wrote a song, you're not really my fan." 

She rolled her eyes. "Maybe I was mad at you and I don't like your work, but I heard every single song." she admitted to him. "That's why I know that you haven't written a single one. And believe me, when your next album has your own song on it, I'll know."

The boy didn't think it was possible, but at that moment he fell in love with her even more. 

"Where do you see yourself in ten years?" he asked her. 

"Such a deep question?" the girl laughed. 

"It's not like we have a lot of time to talk about everything." he said a little sadly. 

But the brunette didn't want this day to be sad, so she answered. "I see myself running the restaurant, making my dad proud. We will be successful and have a lot of employees, so I won't have to work there anymore and I can see myself singing on the little stage that he built for me there." she answered him with a smile. 

"And what about your dreams?" 

"You asked where I see myself, not where I would like to be." she smiled sadly. 

"Where would you like to be?" 

"On stage," she answered without hesitation. "looking at the audience and listening to their singing. The singing of thousands of people that would be so in sync that it would sound like one voice. It would be so loud that I would understand every word. They would sing my own songs that I wrote for them and I would know at that moment that I was living my dream." she said looking at the clouds. "But that's just a dream."

It made Richard sad, he knew from a young age that it was their shared dream and he was sorry that only one of them came true. Although not completely. His life in California was a dream only when he was on stage. 

"What about you? Where do you see yourself in ten years?" she asked him curiously. 

The curly haired boy smiled. "I know exactly where I will be in ten years."

"Where?"

"In ten years from now we'll be married, we'll have kids, three like you always wanted when we were little. It will be Christmas and they will be running around the house playing with new toys. The two of us will be cuddled up on the coach watching Christmas movies all day. And then I'll look at you and tell you I told you so, I told you it would happen and then we both will remember this moment." 

"I want that too." she said smiling at the boy. "I want a life with you, I want us to have our family and a dog. I want everything you just said." Nina had tears in her eyes from what Ricky had just said. She couldn't believe that she was so lucky but at the same time so unlucky. "I really wish the universe had better timing for us."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, if I had told you that I liked you when we were little, maybe we would have started dating and it would have lasted until now." she answered him. 

"Maybe." Ricky nodded. "But maybe we'd break up and hate each other now." he told her. "The universe has reasons for everything. And he also has a reason why he brought us together now." 

"Does the universe have a reason to keep us apart?" she asked a little angrily. "Because he does that by taking us to other places." 

"Maybe.. yes." he nodded slowly, looking at the girl next to him. "But I think that in the end the universe will bring us back together anyway."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because I think the universe definitely knows that we are meant to be."

.

only two more chapters I'm not crying, you are

love you all, Sof♡