31. one last dinner

Richard was on his way to the restaurant. He spent the whole day with Nini packing his suitcases, as he is leaving for California tomorrow morning.

He walked down the street, only in the light of the street lamps. The boy always looked forward to spending time with his friends and especially with Nini, but not today. Because this was the last meeting. It will end after today. Ricky will go back to where he should be and the others will stay here. 

After walking for a while he finally came to the restaurant. Knowing that today will be sad, he took a deep breath and opened the door.

"Hey guys," he said with a fake smile, he didn't want them to know he was sad, he wanted today to be a happy day. His last memory of them all for a long time. "It smells amazing in here."

"Oh, hey Ricky." Big Red said to his friend, smiling. 

"I'm glad you like it because this is all for you." Nini said walking towards him. 

"Hey, my love." the curly haired boy said giving the brunette a quick kiss. "It looks great, thank you. Did you cook?" 

"I don't understand why you look so surprised." the girl raised an eyebrow. "I work in a restaurant after all."

"I just hope they taught you something here." he told her with a laugh. "And I really really hope it will be better than the cookies you made in the second grade."

"It was the first time I cooked!" she defended herself. 

"I'm just saying they weren't the best, and the only thing I've seen you do here is make coffee and wash dishes." he shrugged. 

"I do much more than that!" Nina shook her head. 

"Don't worry, we helped her." Gina told Ricky. 

"Do you all think I can't cook?" the brunette asked in shock. 

Ricky just laughed. "I love you." he said, placing a kiss on her cheek and went to sit down. 

"I'm not a bad cook, am I?" 

"No, honey, you're not." her friend, Kourtney answered her, but it wasn't honest.

After that, all of them went to sit at one large table in the middle of the restaurant, which was actually two tables next to each other. It's not normally like that, but today they reorganized everything for this goodbye party for Ricky. They hung lights on the ceiling, put many flowers in a vase and mainly cooked a lot of food. 

Friends ate, talked and mostly laughed. Everyone really enjoyed tonight and couldn't believe that it ends tomorrow. Especially two of them. 

The couple in love could not think about the fact that they would no longer be together every day. They couldn't imagine it, even if it was like that a few months ago. At that time each of them was in a different place and they didn't even think about meeting again one day.

They both remembered life without each other, they just couldn't imagine continuing life without the other one. 

They brought happiness back into each other's lives.

Ricky lived a very sad life where he only did what the manager told him. He had so many responsibilities that he forgot to enjoy life. But Nini showed him that laughter and joy are necessary and without it it's not life, just survival. 

Nina was in a very dark place in her life but Ricky showed her the light. After her father died she was always sad and angry but the curly boy showed her a way to be happy again. Before she wore only black clothes, now she is wearing a pink dress. It's like she's a different person or rather like they went back in time and she was happy little Nini again.

Both helped each other a lot even if they don't even realize it. Without the other they would still be lost.

The brunette thought while the others laughed.... 

Why?

Why, when she finally got him back, does the universe take him away from her again?

They should be together, enjoying young love, enjoying life. But instead they must be apart.

She didn't understand why she was always so unlucky and why the universe always took those she loved the most from her.

She loved him. 

She really loved him and knew that he loved her too. That's why it hurt so much but she had to be strong. She didn't want to watch him leave, but it would be even worse for her if he left and she couldn't say goodbye to him.

She thought he was her soulmate, her right person, but if he was, fate would not want to keep them apart. 

...and that hurt the most.

.

just one more chapter :((

i will miss this book so much but I have something new planned and I hope you'll like it

love you, Sof♡