14. I don't hate him

please comment or vote so I know I should continue writing :))

"You invited Ricky here?" Gina asked in shock. 

It was sunday, which means that Nina and all her friends have their movie marathon which is every week. 

"What's wrong?" Nina looked at everyone. "I thought you liked him." 

"Oh we love him," her friend Kourtney replied. "but we thought you didn't like him."

"We thought you hated him." Seb added.

"I don't hate him. I'm very angry, but we were close when we were little, I can't hate him even if I wanted to." she explained to them.

"But you don't want to." Big Red told her. "A few days ago you would have said that you hate him. Even if it's not really true, you wouldn't admit it. What changed?" 

"Nothing." Nina shook her head. "Maybe everything? Something! Something has changed. I don't know what or when, I don't even know if I want it to happen, but I can't help it. I don't hate him." 

"So are you friends again?" her blonde friend asked.

"No. No, I don't think so." she replied. "I'm still angry but-"

"But what?" they asked when Nina hadn't finished her sentence.

"When I'm alone with him, it's like I forget everything that happened, like we went back in time, like he never left and we were best friends all our lives. I know it doesn't make sense but-"

"No, it makes sense." Gina smiled at her. "I didn't know you then, but I know that you were very close and the bond between you will be forever. Even if it was just a memory."

"Maybe it's time to forgive him?" Seb said carefully.

"I don't think I'm ready for that yet."

"Take as much time as you need," Big Red began, sitting down on the couch with a bowl of popcorn in his hands. "but I think you are ready."

"I just don't want to get hurt again."

"I don't think he wants to hurt you again." her cousin answered her. "He's a good guy, you know that. You know him better than anyone else."

"I knew him better than anyone else. But now-" she began but did not know how to finish her thought.

"Now you got a second chance." Red wanted to say more, but after this sentence, everyone heard the bell ring, which meant that Richard had arrived. "Go and welcome your guest." he smiled at her.

Nina took a deep breath and started walking slowly towards the door.  She stopped in front of the door for a few seconds to think about what she actually wanted to say to him and how she felt about him. But after a moment she opened the door and saw a smiling boy. 

Ricky was genuinely happy. He did not expect that Nina would invite him here, he thought that she wanted to spend as little time as possible with him and that she never wanted to see him again, but he was glad that he was wrong, he was glad that he could be in her presence and in the presence of a group of friends, since he felt lonely here.

"Hi!" the boy greeted her. 

"Hey," she said nervously because she still didn't know how to behave and what would actually happen today. "Everyone is in the living room, come on." she told him and started walking with the boy following her.

"Hey guys!" the curly boy greeted as he entered the room where the others were already waiting for them. "So what are we doing today?" 

"Every sunday we watch some movies, it's kind of our tradition." Gina answered him. 

"Cool and what are we watching?" 

"Well we have our system and every week someone else chooses a movie." Kourtney said. 

"And today we are watching High school musical." Seb announced with a smile. 

"Oh let me guess who picked it." Ricky laughed and looked at the brunette next to him. 

"Me?" Nina asked with a small smile. "I didn't choose it!" 

"I chose it." Seb said. "I love these movies."

"Why did you think it was me?"

"Are you kidding me?" he looked at her with a big smile. "When we were little you made me watch it almost every day." he explained and she started laughing when she remembered it. "I probably still know all the words to the songs because you made me learn them." 

"Do you still remember the dances?" she asked with a laugh. 

"You mean the dances I had to dance with you every single time there was a song in the movie?" 

"Yeah, those dances." 

"Well I probably still remember them." they were laughing. 

Other friends just stood next to them looking at the couple laughing and completely ignoring the fact that there was someone other than just the two of them in the room. But they were glad that they were acting like friends again. Maybe even something more, that's what everyone thought when they watched them, but not one of them said it because it would ruin their moment.

——————
This chapter is short but at least Nina doesn't hate Ricky anymore :))

I hope you have a nice day,

Sof♡