29. let's have fun

"Hi." the girl whispered nervously as she saw the boy sitting on the bench.

"Hey." he said with a small smile. "Thank you for agreeing to meet with me." 

Nina nodded. "Of course. I am aware that our last conversation did not end happily and I don't want it to be our last time together. So here I am."

Ricky was glad that she felt the same way as he did. He didn't want what they said last night to be their last words to each other.

"You are absolutely right." he told her. "I feel exactly the same way. Because I will be here for two more weeks and I don't want to ignore you during this time." 

"Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to talk about." 

"Can I be the first?" the boy asked. "I want to tell you what I think first and then you can."

"But what I want is also very important-" 

"Nini please." he interrupted her. "You talked yesterday and I listened, now it's my turn to tell you everything I want."

The girl sighed. "Okay, I'm listening." 

Richard took a deep breath and began. "Nini, I love you and I know you don't want a long distance relationship but-"

"I just don't want us to hurt each other." she cut him off. 

"I know." Ricky nodded. "And I respect your opinion. But what hurts me is that we are not together. And... I think it hurts you too."

Nina looked down when he said it so that he could not see in her eyes that it was true. "Ricky I already explained to you why we can't be together when you're in LA and I'm here-"

"Yes, but you didn't explain to me why we can't be together now. We love each other so why not?" 

Nina took a breath, thinking about what to answer. "Because I couldn't handle another breakup with you." she said with tears in her eyes. "I already lost you once and now I'm losing you again. I just decided to have control over it and end it before fate ends it." 

"So you want us to pretend nothing happened?" he asked sadly but also frustrated. "Nini, we still have two weeks to enjoy what is between us. We can't just give up. "

"I also wanted to talk about that because I think so too. I don't want us to be together," she told him. "because I don't want us to be forced to break up again but I also don't want us to not spend time together. This could be our last days together so I want us to laugh and sing and just enjoy it."

"Exactly. So you agree to spend time together right? Because I don't know what I would do without you."

"You will have to be when you leave." she shrugged. 

Suddenly there was an uncomfortable silence between them. It made them both sad. They didn't want to be without each other, but they had no choice. 

"I'll miss you so very much." he whispered. 

"I'll miss you more." she told him and put her hand in his. "But let's not think about that now. We still have two more weeks right?" she smiled trying to be optimistic. 

"Yeah." he nodded. "You are right. Let's enjoy it as much as we can."

"We will go out every single day. I will get on your nerves." Nina joked. 

"Not possible." Ricky shook his head smiling.

"Okay, enough of this sad mood. We may be sad when you leave but you are still here." she told him. 

"Today you only speak the facts. I'm sorry, I just can't stop thinking about this ending. But I'll stop and we'll enjoy the day."

"It's alright. I'm also thinking about it. But when we do something together, we both forget about it." she smiled hopefully. 

"And also sorry again for what I said in that interview."

"I don't want to talk about it anymore. It already happened and you can't change it." Nina said. "I understand that the manager didn't give you a choice. Let's just forget about it."

"Okay," Richard whispered smiling and stood up. "Let's go."

"Where?" the brunette didn't understand. 

"Well, we only have two weeks, so we won't just sit here."

"And what do you want to do?" she asked happily standing up. 

"I honestly don't know yet. But we said we will enjoy these days, so let's have fun." Ricky grabbed her hand and started running away from the park. 

They had a lot of fun that day. And the next days were just as fun. They were together all day every day but the day they will have to say goodbye and both go their separate ways was almost here and even if the two teenagers didn't admit it to each other, they were afraid of what would happen and didn't want to be apart.

.

short chapter today but at least rini is kinda back.

have a great day, Sof♡