Chapter One |♠ Unwanted Burdens♠|

A/N💙
The very first chapter of The Lost Ones is ready.
If you're here give yourself a chop knuckle👊🏽😗(Don't break your phone screen o I no send you🤌🏽😂)
I'll be changing point of view, very frequently,so whenever you see a characters name at the beginning of a chapter or halfway into one, remember it's a different pov.
Lemme stop talking for now, enjoy ✨

Dedicated to tumi_lhara
Because she's a nice bungalow 😗💙
And one of the very first people who read my draft.

Chikamsi Omonigho Benjamin
Chikamsi's eyes were bloodshot,she resisted the urge to crawl back into bed and sleep.

Her self appointed schedule, which was always busy deprived her of the sleep she desperately needed.

Another yawn escaped her lips and she took a sip of the energizer drink she had kept on her bedside table.

It was seven thirty, and Chikamsi hadn't slept all night, she'd had other things keeping her up.

There were products to be sold, influencers to speak to, and ultimately, marketing for Trip Market.

Eight thirty wasn't an ideal time for people to lock the school gates she noted the time on the gray alarm clock on her desk, and rolled her eyes at the thought of being locked out of the school gates again.

Chikamsi wasn't bothered, at least not yet.

She wasn't very passionate about schooling so she postponed knotting her tie, picked up her phone and tapped on the one app that gave her satisfaction.

Chikamsi scrolled through Instagram profiles, searching for the one she wanted, until she saw the one that made her stop.

Standing there in the middle of her room, with her half knot tie dangling loosely from her neck, she viewed the post that made her finally realize she had 'blown', she smiled.

Trip Stores was going to see this post by all means, even if it meant shoving it in their DM's.

She had made it to the front page of an Instagram magazine Lasgidi Vault.
Under her image was the caption 'Salesgirl Of the Week'.

Chikamsi had closed a deal with Darling hair earlier that week, and the Lasgidi Vault had decided to post it on their page complete with the description of how it happened.

They saw her closing of that deal as a huge accomplishment.

Lasgidi Vault was an Instagram magazine dedicated to giving teenagers they perceived were 'successful,' debasing titles to 'celebrate' their craft.

The irony of the whole concept was that it worked. Big brands noticed you, it got you the recognition you deserved, and their Instagram page was verified.

"Shows you just how far people will go, all in the name of enterprise,"she muttered to herself.

Chikamsi scrolled through the comments section allowing the half knot tie fall off her neck.

Her heart refused to beat, a bitter taste rose up in her throat, as she tapped on a comment made by Trip Market,and waited for it to load.