Chapter Twenty Two|♠ Chanah ♠|

Hello beautiful people ✨🌚
How are you all doing this fine afternoon?😗
My name is Abimaloguniwa Omotayomayowtokunmbo aka Abimjaja Opobo 😗😗😂😂
And I'll be your narrator for this episode 😌
Enjoy!✨
                        ♪Gracious♪
Gracious gave Lumen a small wave as she drove off, taking in a deep breath to muster some courage, Gracious opened the front door.

Her father lay sprawled on the sofa in the ante room, their mini parlour like one of  her brothers called it, his eyelids fluttered open occasionally and closed back.

“Good evening daddy," she greeted curtseying a little. He nodded and asked her to sit down Gracious groaned in anticipation of the mong conversation they were bound to have this evening, he was either going to lecture her on the importance of coming home early, keeping to curfew or something related to her body.

Her father sat up, Gracious looked over his physique. He was always big on exercise, before she had started fasting which he was aware of and encouraged her to do as often as she could, he had been taking her out every Saturday to jog.

She hated those days on the road, people asking her if she was his girlfriend or calling her overweight, he had always told her to ignore them, and continue working out, so she wouldn't end up like her mother.

“Daddy?" She called, when he had drifted off to sleep again. His lips turned downwards and he sighed. “Your brothers told me that they haven't been seeing you around lately, you've been too busy to look after them." Her father said, struggling to stay awake.

Gracious rolled her eyes, thankful her father couldn't see her.
This was what he had wanted to talk to her about?She nodded, and apologized to him, promising to spend more time with them.
A promise she didn't plan on keeping, since they weren't really her brothers.

Her father released her to go upstairs and settle down for the night, saying he had a new recipe to try out, and a lot of work to do.
Gracious closed her room door gently behind her, and sighed in relief.
After making sure her phone was plugged in and switched on incase James wanted to reach her, she sat at her dresser, observing her features.

She was grateful she took after her father, her facial structure was beautiful.
Gracious smiled fondly at the girl in the mirror, admiring her beauty.

Her eyes went downwards, ignoring the unnecessarily large shoulders and focusing on her arms. She unbuttoned the school shirt she had been wearing, and noticed that her stretch marks had increased.

Squeezing the dark lines in disgust, she looked away from the mirror, her eyes  frantically searching  the room for her blue notepad.

Her previous book had gotten filled up with all her stories and writeups, Chetachi had lent her a book he claimed he wasn't using to continue writing.
He told her he enjoyed her stories, and requested that she write one for him.

She lightly nibbled on the tip of her pen, wondering what she should jot down. A draft, about anything or anybody he had said.

Gracious imagined what their graduation would look like, wondered who she would go to prom with, she knew James would not ask her, but as she wrote about the tall boy in her story, the one whose eyes held nothing but admiration for her, who could not take his gaze off her beautiful physique, as she wrote about the way they kissed that night, she began to live it, if only for a moment, on paper.

                     ♠ Chetachi ♠

“Where is your birthday going to be nau?" Chetachi rolled his eyes and ignored her, undeterred in his journey of leaving the house.