Chapter Twenty Five |♠Party Scatter ♠|

It's not a joke, I actually updated twice, it's a double update!😂😂
Chetachi's birthday party scene is divided into three chapters, this is the second one.

The last birthday chapter will come after this one.

The name of this chapter reminds me of Fire boy's song, Party Scatter!😂😂.
Anyway, please nobody should ask me what happened, Me sef I'm still finding out😂😂😂
This chapter might Sha seal most of your mindsets towards James.
Dedicated to  theonlyFirstlady
Enjoy your read ✨🌲

                         ♠ Chetachi ♠

He saw it before he felt the impact, James' hands on Gracious infuriated him.

Lumen gasped, trying to seperate the two of them, Chetachi watched her struggle for a while and eventually take Gracious away, he followed them with his eyes, to make sure Gracious wasn't hurt too badly before he lunged at James.

Chetachi tightened his grip around James' neck, ignoring the choking sounds from his victim.
He squeezed harder, feeling James life slip through his fingers when an unexpected blow struck his head.

Chetachi let go of James as a sharp pain coursed through his head, James proceeded to land subsequent blows on Chetachi's head and back.

Gracious ran towards them, seperating the two boys, a hand on each boys chest.
Chetachi's fingers wrapped around her hand, pressing it firmly to himself.

He sent death glares James' way, silently daring him to do something, anything. He was ready to kill the boy.

The latter only laughed, the hand that had been on James' chest fell to Gracious' side as he walked away, leaving her there with him.

Chetachi pulled her into a hug,her sobs broke his heart, “I'm sorry he hurt you Amara, please don't be angry with me, let's go inside and treat your injury" he said, taking her by the hand and leading her into Lumen's house.

He dutifully cleaned her bruises, asking her if she was okay each time she winced or moved away.
“What the frosted barnicles are you doing? You're bleeding on my parents white couch" Lumen shouted, Chetachi inspected Gracious' face, checking the rest of her body for signs of further injury or harm.

“She's not bleeding, she's fine" he sighed in relief.
Lumen proceeded to drag Chetachi off the chair he was sitting on, confused, he looked behind him, gasping when he saw the red  stain that had accumulated on the chair he had been sitting on.

He touched the side of his head, wincing when the pain coursed through him, Chetachi was surprised, he hadn't expected any injury from the hit he took from James.

“James was wearing sharp knuckle rings, that's why your head is injured," Lumen explained, as she scrubbed the chair with a sponge, dipping it occasionally in a bowl of water she had gotten from the kitchen.

“I'll be okay," he smiled at Gracious who didn't seem to believe him.
Chetachi went into the bathroom Lumen had brought out the wipes and antiseptic he had used to treat Gracious from, looking for some things to treat his  injury.

Gracious walked in, shutting the door quietly behind her.

“Lumen is cleaning up the parlour, let me help you," she offered taking the pack of wipes from his hand and standing on her tiptoes to clean his face.

Chetachi took in a ragged breath as she put an arm around his waist to steady herself, dutifully wiping his bruises.
Gracious took her time, her lips puckered in concentration.