Chapter Twenty Eight |♠Dirty Deals♠|

Hello Children😗😗
It's been a minute since I updated, no vex😭
This chapter is relatively short, And is dedicated to RnoomaQueen
For the messages she leaves on my message boards♥️♥️♥️♥️
Enjoy 😌✨

♠ Gracious ♠
Gracious cringed, she tried to forget the memory. Her insides churned as she undressed, she took off her shorts and shirt, and tied a towel round her body.

Chetachi had rejected her. His flowery words were good, good enough to confirm her suspicion that he had fallen for her,but he didn't want her body.

She wiped her feet on the footmat infront of her bathroom out of habit, hung the white towel on her door and turned on the shower.
Gracious watched the first spray of water form a small stream that led to the drain before stepping in.

During the shower, she wondered if James had replied her messages, wondered what she would do if she was no longer useful to him.
She shook her head to rid herself of the thought, rinsed her body and stepped out of the bathroom.

The girl that looked back at Gracious in the mirror needed work. She cupped her bossom in both hands, wishing they would be bigger, wished that they would fill out more.
Something more girls would envy and wish they had as well, James had once told her they were his favorite part of her body.

If they were bigger, maybe he would like her more.
A knock on her door distracted Gracious, she threw on a dress, and peeped through the keyhole before letting her brothers in.

They stood by the door, leaning against the white door frame as they closed it and entered, she raised an eyebrow at them, and hissed when they didn't say anything.

Gracious sat on a stool infront of her dresser, and applied the rosewater toner she had bought for her face, which she dabbed onto a cotton pad.

Yemi, the older of the two boys spoke, "We haven't seen you during dinner for the past two weeks." She returned the bottle to it's previous position on her table and picked up another bottle, sod cream for her hands.

Their presence annoyed her, the longer they stood there watching her, the more Gracious wished she had the nerve to confront her father about their adoption, and the correlation between that and her parents divorce.

She pushed those thoughts to the back of her head, they had it easy anyway, they were boys.
They were hyperactive, their father didn't make them feel insecure about the way they looked with his unwanted comments and advice.

After a while,Yemi sighed, took his brothers hand, and left the room. Gracious' heart ached, at least they had each other. "Who do I have?" she muttered, returning the bottle of sod cream to it's position on the table and picking up her phone.

No new notifications.

James may have actually moved on, she worried her lower lip in a bid to control her tears, Lumen wouldn't be busy right now,so she dialed the number she had committed to memory a few years ago, hoping to get some information off Lumen.

"Hello?" The raspy voice said, Gracious asked her how she was doing, receiving a grunt and a 'whatsup' from Lumen.

"Who have you been chatting with recently?" She asked, going straight to the point.

Gracious noticed the brief hesitation before Lumen told her, "No one,why?"she questioned.
"I don't know, I was just wondering. How are your parents doing? Are they still arguing?" She asked, trying to change the topic.

"They're thinking of deleting the YouTube channel, too many arguments and disagreements over what they should video and what they shouldn't video," a pang of guilt hit Gracious, she had been so caught up in her situationship with James and Chetachi that she had assumed Lumen was alright.

She assured Lumen that it was a phase, it would definitely pass and asked Lumen what her plans were for thnext week, with the performing arts society.

----------------------------------------

Hands gripped her, dragging her out of sight. Gracious relaxed, her shoulders drooped in relief when she heard James voice.

Coming to school early that morning, had been solely to get James attention, she wanted to beg him before he went on the road trip, not to leave angry with her.

The athletes would be leaving any minute from now, and she was desperate to earn his forgiveness.

"You're the first female I've ever hit, " he said, dragging his fingertips across her face, and careassing it with his knuckles.

She opened her mouth to apologize, when James hushed her.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't in a good mood, but that's not an excuse. I shouldn't have hit you." He said. Her insides melted at his apology, and she nodded quickly, giving him a small smile and the benefit of doubt that he wouldn't hit her again.

"Now that that's settled," he took off the bag that hung from her shoulder, holding it in one hand, and using the other to lead her in the direction of the AV Studio.

----------------------
James hissed, the sound coming harshly, making Gracious jittery.
She steadied herself in her position between his legs when he pushed her away, he was tired of ignoring the constant ringing of her phone.

"Pick your call for Christ's sake, let me do my business in peace." He said, taking his hands off her to allow her retrieve the phone from her school bag lying on the floor.

She hissed and cut the call, Chetachi was the one interrupting James. Out of curiosity, Gracious tapped on the messages he had sent, wondering how they had accumulated to fifty five text messages.

Each was an apology, and a plea for her to meet him outside before the school bus left. She opened the WhatsApp messages he had sent as well, and her heart melted.
Chetachi had sent her thousands of messages, he had tried to video call her countless times.

His last message was a plea for her not to ignore him anymore, he told her he was sorry for the umpteenth time and asked her to tell him what he had to do to earn her forgiveness.

James spoke over her shoulder, startling her. He had been reading Chetachi's messages as well. "This guy no try at all, why is he acting so desperate for a woman?" He scoffed, taking the phone from her.

"There's even something Reuben asked me to do on this trip, I think you can help me out." He added, raising an eyebrow at her, asking if she consented.

Without a second thought, she responded,"What do I have to do?" The tall boy rubbed his hands together, walked over to the door and knocked on it three times.

She was about to ask why he was knocking on the door when they were inside the room, the door opened and a girl whose name she didn't remember, walked inside with a few boys.

"Shit!" Gracious cursed, pulling down her shirt and hurriedly buttoning it.

Her eyes began to water when she thought of how James had allowed her classmates to come inside when she was still half naked, I'm pretty sure Chetachi would never do that. Her subconscious mocked her.

Gracious picked her discarded school bag from the floor, maybe for once she would let James know that he needed to be more gentlemanly with her.

The group at the door blocked her path, the next thing James did shocked her.

Authors Note
God is Good😗
I'm practicing cliffhangers, so you people should not be angry 🥲😂
Anyway, I don't have much to say in this Authors note, A lot is going through me🤝🏾😭
Feelings change, that's all I'll say for now 😂.
And The Nationals competition has three stages, the first week of the competition is for the athletes only, that's why performing arts society and academic society didn't go with Chetachi and Tobiloba in the chapter before the last one.

Have a nice rest of the day,
Remember to vote, comment and share.✨😗
I will update tomorrow. Well today is tomorrow, so later today.😂♥️