Chapter Twenty Nine|♪Dawnings and Realizations ♪|

Howdy 😗
This chapter is semi unedited so🤌🏽😂
And thank you for 1k reads ❤️

                        ♪Gracious♪

“There's nothing that is going to convince Chetachi to come back home," Gracious said, folding her arms infront of her.

She looked away from James, with Denzel in his arms. Her heart sank when he kissed her, and broke more when she heard him tell Denzel he had missed her.

He didn't miss her body, James missed Denzel.

“We're in an open relationship," he had explained, when he noticed the look on her face.

Gracious  waved it off, pretending it didn't matter and had asked him what he needed her help for.

Reuben, the tall, dark arts boy had looked her over and told James she couldn't do the job. “Make we just try am," was the weak defense he had given.

The seductress before her brought Gracious back to the present, snapping her fingers in her face to get the bigger girl's attention.

“Will you call Chetachi to come back or not? Chikamsi is likely to follow him, and Eniola will come along as well." Reuben had asked.

“Why do you even want Eniola to come back?" Gracious asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

She was trying her best not to focus on Denzel and James, but everytime she heard James say something, her eyes involuntarily went in their direction.

When the tall boy infront of her hissed and headed for the door, Gracious sighed in relief. She didn't want Chetachi to come back, all the attention she had been receiving from him, was getting too much for her to handle.

Gracious picked up her school bag, gave James and Denzel one last look before she dejectedly walked away.

————————————————————————————————————————

Lumen's legs were tucked under her on the bench, Gracious crossed hers at her ankle, wishing she could do the same.

Lumen had found her after the encounter with James. The taller girl had almost flared up, because Gracious nearly missed the CBT test for her batch.

The next few weeks were going to be Computer Based Test weeks for the rest of their classmates who didn't go for The Nationals competition, testing them on their individual subject combinations for the upcoming JAMB, WAEC and NECO examinations.

The last batch had just finished, and Gracious wanted to relax with Lumen in the cafeteria before her father came to pick her up.

“What was your score in the JAMB CBT?" The other girl asked Gracious, she hesitated for a bit before letting out, “one ninety-eight."

Gracious had been surprised when the computer had shown her one ninety-eight, she had been expecting at least a two hundred and something. Lumen hadn't taken the computer based test, she wouldn't need it, she was supposed to join her mother's elder sister in Canada, after graduation.

Gracious remembered Lumen telling her, the only reason her parents didn't want her around was because she didn't want her to witness their nasty breakup.

She allowed Lumen vent all her anger and frustration at the immature way her parents were handling their problems, everyone needed someone to vent to.

Her heart ached, there were a few months left till their exams started, and she wanted to spend it with her best friend, who would be gone before she would even have the time to figure out how to say goodbye to Lumen.